Tuesday 12 February 2019

Tam's second 'Limited Supplies' Creation

Hi all,  Tam back today to share another creation using limited supplies.
 
Last time I created a layout on a white background, so I thought I'd create with a black background this time, just to mix it up a little.
 
Whilst searching for my black cardstock, I uncovered my black art journal that I'd purchased on the wonderful Tracy Scott weekend at Scrap Matrix.  I hadn't even used it yet!
 
So I decided that's what I'd do....plus the supplies we were sent really lend themselves to art journaling.




Now I really feel like a novice art journaller - I'm much more comfortable with scrapbooking layouts, and I'd LOVE to be able to attend some of Vicki's classes - what they create at those classes always has me drooling and I'd love to learn all the little tricks along the way.
 
But boy did I have fun with this one......




So let's take a look at how this came together.
 
Firstly, the supplies.......

This month, the design team all received 5 supplies in the post, and the idea is to play with only those, adding the bare minimum.
We each received 2 paints, a spray, a stamp and a stencil.

So here's the supplies I received:




Dylusions Ink Spray - 'Funky Fuschia'


I began by applying some of the 'Cut Grass' paint directly onto the page.

I then channelled my inner Lisa Oxley and lay down the 'Galaxy Stencil' and wiped some paint off using a baby wipe.


 

I then repeated this with the 'Ocean' Paint.




I then grabbed out the 'Dina Wakley Tissue Paper pack'.
I've been hoarding these!
Time to bust them open.

 
 
I wasn't sure if the face would show up on the colour, so I added some white gesso first.
 
 
 

I then added the face using 'Soft Matte Gel'.
Once the face was down, an idea popped into my head (up until now I had no idea where I was going).
Those stamps are architectural, like a house plan - Ah Ha - like a plan!

When I created my layout the other day, I didn't like where it was going, so I'd discarded my first attempt.
I don't like to waste ANYTHING, so I decided to revisit it.

Ok, so I'll get that part up to speed....

I'd added some Soft Matte Gel through the 'Galaxy Stencil' onto white cardstock.


 

I then added some watered down paint, but I think I added too much water and it kind of wrecked the paper in parts.




So I stamped the AALL & Create Stencil No 14 onto this card and cut out a whole heap of circles in different sizes.




I then added these randomly to my layout using Soft Matte Gel.




Once glued down, I added some of the 'Funky Fuschia Ink Spray'.

I love how it mixed with the blue and created purple!
I simply used my finger to swipe it over.




I then outlined these circled with black paint and a white gel pen, adding a few scribbles, trying to be messy and random.




I added some journaling to one of them.......
It reads "I had a plan...but I forgot where I put it"

Perfect for this page....for the process, for the stamps and for the stencil.
These circles represent all the different thoughts and plans that pop in and out of my head constantly!

I then used the AALL & Create Stamp to stamp a few of the words onto white cardstock.




I stamped:
Create Art
Create Love
Create You




Ta da!!






So what can you create with a couple of paints, a stamp and a stencil???

How creative can you get with a limited supply of products? Can you make less into more? Whether you are art journaling or scrapping, we can sometimes get overwhelmed with the idea of how much stuff to use... so this challenge is about stripping it back, using less and stretching your supplies in different ways.


 
 
Head on over to our Scrap Matrix Shares Facebook Group and load up your creations, including what products you used.  We love seeing them.
Your creativity inspires us so much. PLUS you could win a voucher from the shop or a chance to be a guest designer!!! Woohoo!
 
I'll be back again real soon with more to inspire you.
 
Love Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment