Tuesday 2 January 2018

Tam's second Paper Artsy Creation

Good morning everyone!

Tammy here today and I'd like to say a big welcome to 2018! I truly hope it's a special year for you all full of  creativity, inspiration and joy

I'm starting off the New Year by sharing my second creation using some of the awesome Paper Artsy stamps available from Scrap Matrix.

Last time I shared a bold floral page, so this time I thought I'd challenge myself and create a boy layout using the same stamps.

Here's what I came up with:

 
I really love it, those stamps are just so easy to work with.
 

So I began with the Paper Artsy Tracy Scott Stamps

 

This time I decided to work with the scribbly swirly circles in the top right corner.

I began by applying Clear Gesso to a 7Dots paper. 

You may be able to notice a bit green blob on the paper - this is not part of the design.  A couple of weeks ago, whilst creating, I accidently spilled a bottle of Dylusions Spray Ink over 5 7, Dots papers!! Oh no.  A tragedy.
My first thought was to bin and order more (lol), then I thought I'd cut them down for layering behind my photos, but I've acutally used 3 of them already - I just covered up the gorgeous green spillage, or went with it to make it look like it was done on purpose! This one is an easy one to cover up, as its only in one area.


Once this is dry, I applied some Dylusions Spray Ink (on purpose this time) using the plastic packaging method.
Just spray some onto some old packaging, add a spritz of water, and then randomly splodge it over your paper.


I love the effect it gives, and it's super easy!


I went with London Blue Dylusions Ink Spray, as my photo has a strong blue in it.

Whilst this dries, I also coloured some guaze - just simply spray and let dry.

 
Whilst this is drying, I gathered a few 7Dots tags to create a background to my photo.
I adhered the guaze on top of these.


Time to go back to the background paper.  I did lots of background stamping using those cute little oval swirls in the PaperArtsy set, and also some 7Dots stamps as well.


I then added in some of this mesh paper - it's from a Heidi Swapp Die Cut pack.


I then adhered this little stack onto my background paper - making sure to cover up that little accident.


I used the 'plastic packaging' technique again, and splodged some 'London Blue' and 'Fresh Lime' Dylusions Ink Spray onto some white cardstock.


I then stamped the circly swirls on top of this, and cut them out.  So simple and I love the bright colours.  I also love a bit of the white showing through.


Now it's simply time to add these to the layout.

I adhered some flat and some with foam tape to add height and dimension.  I made sure I tucked some inbetween my layers, and I also wanted them to run from the top left corner to the bottom right. 
This creates some movement within the page.



I then added a few bits of German Scrap, and an arrow and a heart from a 7Dots Element Shapes.



Finally, I added some 13 Arts Clear stickers for my title.



and some word stickers from Pinkfresh and 7Dots.


I have a real addiction for word stickers - can't resist them.


and there you have it! A fun, stamped boy layout! - Not a flower in sight.



I hope this layout has inspired you to get stamping.....I also hope it gets you to look at your stamps a little differently.
How can you use them in a way you haven't before?

Well that's it for me this time around. 
If you'd like to see more of my work you can go to my BLOG, or check out the 'Tammy' Album over at Scrap Matrix Shares.

Speaking of that lovely little space......there's still time to create something for our current PaperArtsy Challenge!  Just feature something from Paper Artsy on your layout and add it to the folder. Vicki is giving away vouchers to the store again and she truly has the most amazing products!
Don't forget to mention what Scrap Matrix Products you have used on your layout (the more the merrier).
I've listed everything I used below, with links to the products in the store.



Scrap Matrix Products used:

Clear Gesso
7Dots Word Stickers

2 comments:

  1. A fun and vibrant boy's page Tammy. Great job rescuing the paper with creative splats of colour and I love the stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Tammy, this is awesome. Thank you so much for the inspiration
    Deb xx

    ReplyDelete