Monday 18 January 2021

Creating with ColorSparx.

Hi everyone!

I have some cards to share with you one last time.

No photo description available.

 I wanted to show your some different ways to use the ColorSparx watercolour powders.  




So here goes…

You will need: 

·         ColorSparx watercolour powders

·         Watercolour paper

·         Ordinary card

·         TCW Stencils

·         Water mister

·         Iron aid spray

·         Cling film

>^.^<

I cut my watercolour paper roughly into 10.5cm x14.5cm pieces, (some are bigger, some smaller).

My first project is using the cling film and iron aid spray. (I used two different brands of spray and got two different results.)




 
First I sprayed the iron aid all over the piece of watercolour card and sprinkled some of the ColorSparx on it.  I cut off a large piece of cling film, scrunched it up a bit, laid it out flat onto the card. I used my fingers to smoosh the film into the spray and create creases.  I left it to dry. (Now I don’t recommend doing this when it rains… it took two days to dry while we were having a rain event/flooding… I was impatient… I used the heat gun... things did not end well… they are now in the bin.)


 

My next example was without the cling film. I sprayed the card with iron aid and sprinkled the ColorSparx.  Left it to dry.


 

Third example.  Sprinkle ColorSparx in one corner of the card.  Position iron aid spray nozzle at that corner and spray across the card. Two different brands, two different results.


 

I tried to do the cling film version without the iron aid spray. Again I was impatient.  I didn’t let it dry, and removed the film too soon, but I liked the colours and used it for stamping.

 


My last example was simple.  Two pieces of ordinary card, a stencil, water sprayer and the ColorSparx powders.

I did all of these on an old bath mat, to cover my work area and absorb spray.  It takes up less room that a spray box too.

Place card on work space with a stencil.  Sprinkle ColorSparx powders, mist with sprayer.  While still wet, place the other card beside it and flip the stencil over for a mirrored version of the original.  I roll my paper towel over it to absorb any leakage.


 

 




I chose which ones I wanted to use as backgrounds, ones for stamping and ones for future projects (maybe). I stamped and coloured my images and put together a couple of cards.

I have used both PaperArtsy and Carabelle Studios stamps.




>^.^<

That’s it! I hope you enjoyed these projects and all of the other projects I have shared with you during my time as a design team member.

I am going to miss sharing ideas with you all.

Thank you to my other Design Team members.  It has been wonderful to meet you.  .  Your encouragement, support and advice have been valuable.  You have, and will continue to, inspire me.

And a huge THANK YOU to Vicki for asking me to join this team.  This has been a wonderful experience that I will always remember with pleasure.

I wish you all the best of luck in the future.

 Happy crafting.

>^.^<

 



No comments:

Post a Comment