Tuesday 12 January 2021

TCW Labour of Love by Tam

 Hi there

Well this month is pretty exciting around here!
In celebration of ME being on the Design Team for TCW - The Crafter's Workshop we are having a month that is all about their gorgeous products.

I'm kicking it off with a page that was a real labour of love.
Luckily I find doodling relaxing...


Yep this one took a while!




So let's take a look at the process....

I also grabbed the gorgeous stencil TCW777 Tree Paradise by Art by Marlene - it's been one I've drooled over for a while.



I placed the stencil onto the cardstock and with a pencil, traced the entire image.


Lift up the stencil and you are left with....


Ok now comes the zentangling....
Go around all of this with a fine black pen - make sure it is waterproof!!
Add in lots of extra details to the basic shapes.


For this part you may want to part yourself in front of Netflix!
I added in a few borders as well.

Ok time for the colour!!
I'm loving playing around with these.
For this I added some of each powder to a paint palette, and then added a few drops of water to create my own watercolours.
The more powder, the stronger the colour.


For the sky I used:
I also added a touch of Dylusions Ink Spray in Lemon Zest as I wanted a really vibrant yellow.

As they are watercolours, they blend together beautifully making ombre sunsets really simple!





For the front hill area I used Turquoise, Orchid and Wisteria.

Now this is the part where I should have stopped, but I didn't.
I added Cerulean Blue to the trees as I think this is my favourite shade in the Color Sparx.
I think I preferred them white but never mind

I did leave a few pops of white - this helps to brighten everything!






I'm going to pop it in a frame.
I love all the details.


I can't wait to see what you create this month using the yummy TCW products.





Don't forget to tag #tcwstencillove in your projects as I know they'd just love to see them too.

I'll be back again a bit later in the month!

Luv Tam
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment