Sunday 10 January 2021

A gift... with TCW.

Hi everyone!

Happy 2021!  Another year done and dusted.

 While this year begins with some sadness, I will be thankful for being able to contribute to this blog, meeting all of the amazing team members and having a wonderful leader.

No photo description available.

Today I have a layout to share with you.  I needed to make something in December for this month’s blog, and being busy with Christmas preparations, I decided to kill two birds with stone, so to speak.  This was my mother’s Christmas present.

 


 
In October, my husband’s family had a photo shoot to celebrate his mother’s birthday.  It was a dreary, grey day that threatened to rain at any moment.  We had our photos taken between showers at a local park.  I’m not a fan of having my photo taken but my hubby managed to make me smile with his antics, and the results weren’t too bad.  It’s a pity I forgot to take off my glasses. 
 

 
Let’s get started.  My mother has decided to decorate her home in black, white and red, so I went with that colour scheme.  7 Dots Studio’s Homegrown collection fit the bill.  I chose Snicker for my background, cropped it to fit the frame, and covered it with gel medium.  I then sprinkled TCW ColorSparx, Merlot and Fuchsia, over the page and misted it with water.  I moved it around with a brush and even shook the page a little to get it run and dried it with a heat gun.

 



Next I chose my stencil, TCW’s 12” x 12” Jungle Vine, and sponged black paint through it.

 

 

I was going to cut out the flowers on the 7 Dots Studio Attic paper but I didn’t like the result.  I turned the paper over and traced a vine from the stencil, filled in the gaps and cut it out.

 

 

I gathered some paper scraps, stickers and cut outs from the Homegrown range and sponged the edges with Pumice Stone Distress Ink pad and arranged them with my favourite photos. 

 



 

She loved it!

I also did a layout for my mother-in-law using papers from a kit in my stash.  This time I used TCW stencil Scalloped Mandala and Paperarsty paint.

 

 

(Sorry about the quality of the photo. It was already framed when I remembered to photograph it.)

That’s it for me now… I’m off to tidy my craft room and start my next project.

Happy crafting!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment