Friday 19 January 2018

Tam's first 'Holiday' Challenge Share

Hi everyone,

I'm excited to be here today sharing the details of my first 'Holiday Challenge'.

Such a great theme.....so many options!!!

Here's what I came up with.....

 
I scrapped a photo of a gorgeous sunset from a little getaway in Port Elliott (one of my fave and most peaceful places on Earth), and yep right around the corner from Vicki and Scrap Matrix.
Uh oh!
 
As a child, my grandparents lived at Port Elliott, so many a school holiday was spent here.
Such fond memories.
 
For the past 4 years, we've been going there as a family for a few days - sometimes even a week! in the January holidays.
So special to share this with my kids and to begin new traditions.
 
So I began this page by selecting a few papers from both 7Dots Studio and also Pinkfresh - Escape the Ordinary.
 
 
 
I began by adding some black paint to some 3D Gloss Gel and then applying this with one of my new AALL & CREATE stencils.
 
 
 
I then used one of their stamps - I just love this one and can't wait to do more with it, but for this one I just stamped randomly, concentrating on where the edges of the photos/papers would be.
 
 
I then layered a few 7Dots Studio tags together, ready for my photo.
 
I trimmed a strip from a Pinkfresh paper to create my title.

 
I then did some stamping using these funky AALL & CREATE stamps, to finish off my background.

 
I then placed my tags and photo onto my layout. 
I then began tucking and poking.....
I used some of the Ephemera from the Pinkfresh range, some metal flowers,  and a few stickers from 7Dots Studio.
 
 
 
I also added some extra texture by trimming some of the roses down from Heidi Swapp's 6x6 Mixed media Pack, and poking them behind my photo.

 
 Lots of layers, lots of textures.....
 

You may notice a few tags and stickers from the NEW 7Dots Studio Paint Chips range.....I LOVE this range, and can't wait to get stuck into more of it!!
It's right up my alley with bold colours and black!!



I stuck with blacks, whites and mustards for this layout, as I really wanted that gorgeous sunset photo to be the focus.

Just love how that title looks.....it's just a strip from the paper.  So simple, yet very effective.


Notice how the stamping and the stencilling is clustered around the photo?
 
Remember how I didn't stamp all over the background, just where I knew it would show....there's no point stamping everywhere and then covering it all up!


So there we have it.....my first Holiday creation......if only every day ended this way....with a gorgeous peaceful sunset.

 
 Don't forget to load your holiday creations into the album over at Scrap Matrix Shares, and remember to list the Scrap Matrix Products you used in the comments.
 
Here's a reminder of the Holiday Challenge Moodboard:
 
 
 
As the challenge is all about holidays - this can mean so many different things to different people.
It could be a recent Christmas page, a favourite holiday activity or destination, a tradition you celebrate, or, of course, a trip you have taken - or maybe just a memento from that special holiday...... Anything that evokes a memory of holidays.
 

I can't wait to see what you come up with.
 
I'll be back again soon with another 'Holiday' Creation.
 
 
Scrap Matrix Products used:
 

1 comment: