Sunday 21 January 2018

Art Journal for the Holiday Moodboard by Lynn

Good morning everyone!

I hope that christmas and the new year have been kind to you and that you have all enjoyed a lovely break and got to have a holiday or two.

Today I would like to share the makings of my art journal page - It is more of a dream page as I have not been away on holidays this christmas time.

Here is a reminder of the moodboard for the current challenge which runs til 14th February



I have taken inspiration from the bottom right van and the colours in the board






I began with my art journal and painted one side green and one side blue - at this point I had no idea where I was going but had recently seen the process of using a stencil and pulling the paint up from the page through the stencil using a baby wipe and thought that is where I will start.


So i painted my page using Dylusion paint and before it dried I placed the stencil over the top and pulled the paint by gently wiping with a babywipe.


I did the same with the blue Dylusions paint.


I used two different stencils on the blue page - kind of to get the image of roads with the bottom stencil


Once that was dry I then used White Dylusion paint and a brayer to tone it all down a bit



While it was drying I sat down to read my latest copy of Daphnes Diary magazine and there was a colouring in page of a van - immediately I knew that I wanted to have this as my focal point and began colouring it in with colouring in pencils.

I then stamped Paper Artsy Stamps (I know they were last months challenge but I love them so much and use them over and over again - great investment!) onto watercolour paper and coloured them with Dina Wakley Media Scribble Sticks and fussy cut them out.




I them began to assemble my page and sort out where I wanted everything to go


Once I was happy with the placement, I then glued them all into place using Finnabair 3D Matte Gel (another essential item in my stash!)

At this point I also applied some dimensional magic to the butterfly to make it stand out.

Once the gel was dry, I have used a big brush Pitt pen in black and green to outline and create shadows around the images.  I didnt think they had "popped" enough so it was time to do some doodling with sharpies.

Once I had finished doodling I was happy - the page was complete - oh no I forgot the title.  "Holiday Time in thickers was added and now we were complete - phew - there was alot of colouring in and fussy cutting!!!!!!

Here are some close ups:





Thanks for stopping by and dont forget there is plenty of time to enter this months challenge.  You only need to add your project to the Holiday Moodboard Album in the Scrap Matrix Shares facebook page found here.  Dont forget to be eligible to be in to win the instore voucher you need to list at least one product that is available from the Scrap Matrix Store.

Products Used:

Til next time - Happy Crafting :)


No comments:

Post a Comment