Tuesday 16 January 2018

"Winter Road Trip" with Alison Callcott

Morning peeps!

I'm baaack. Vicki seems to be having a hard time getting rid of me, lol. This month, I was fortunate to have the opportunity to guest DT with the team and play with the new monthly challenge, a totally awesome moodboard!


Whilst I'm still loving my Paper Artsy stamp sets from last month's challenge, this month I wanted to do something a little different and step away from the stamps. I wondered if I could use just the one piece of patterned paper for my background, building my page with a few tags, stickers and other embellishments. Not how I'd usually scrap; I'm a shocker for cutting into 12x12 sheets of patterned paper for layering. But after this I may just have to start thinking about investing in some of the many 6x6 paper pads you can buy in store ..

Winter Road Trip


If, like me, you love mixed media scrapping and perhaps even creating your own backgrounds from scratch, but sometimes just want something perfectly ready to go, you really need to check out the Blue Fern Studio Happy Accident collection. When I first saw it, I thought I had died and gone to patterned paper heaven. Plus the Blue Fern Studio papers are a really nice weight enabling you to throw a lot of other mixed media on if you choose.

But I wanted this page to be nice and quick. I combined about half a 12x12 sheet of 7 Dots Studio tags, and various stickers from both 6x12 and 12x12 7 Dots Studio stickers sheets, to build up the layers behind my photo. (I have enough of the tags and stickers to create at least another two layouts.)


Once my layering was done, I applied some Colour Blast Colour Paste through a stencil, and basically moved straight on to my embellishments.


As I have done previously, I inked some Kinder Kreations chipboard with an Archival Ink Pad and a sponge dauber for a crisp, clean, matt finish. I layered the chipboard with white feathers and a flower from my stash, tucked in an Um Wow Studio flair and added a Paper Artsy stamped butterfly (and heart). Once again I used my Dymo labeller for the title and yes, once again, I used my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher to make sure those labels stayed put!


I used a mixture of stickers from the 7 Dots Studio sticker sheets to continue embellishing my page, some of which I adhered with foam tape for extra dimension. 


As you can see here, I've used Scrap Dots to raise the wings on my butterfly.

(Isn't that Um Wow Studio flair both gorgeous,
and perfect for this page?!)

Aaand, that's my page done and dusted! I hope you have fun creating with this latest challenge, as I did. There are just so many ways to interpret this moodboard.

Thanks for having me back for a quick guest DT stint Vicki. Thanks to Tammy and Lynn for, yet again, all the help. You guys rock and its been a pleasure. Thank you!

Cheers .. Alz  :)



Scrap Matrix products used ..

Kinder Kreations chipboard - Zen Leaf
Paper Artsy EDY02 stamp set


No comments:

Post a Comment