Sunday 28 January 2018

Moodboard Challenge by Vicki

January Challenge
Holiday

Hi there, Vicki here ... blogging a Scrap Matrix Challenge for the first time.  Not only am I out of practise scrapbooking, but it has been a long time between blog posts as well, but here goes!

This month it is all about Holidays - not necessarily about travel. Holidays can mean so many different things to different people. 
It could be a recent Christmas page, a favourite holiday activity or destination, a tradition you celebrate, or, of course a trip you have taken - or maybe just a memento from that special holiday... Anything that evokes a memory of Holidays!
Maybe the selection of images below might inspire you...


In 19 hundred and 88, I was lucky enough to do an amazing 4 month trip to Europe, with one of my best friends, Tracey.  We jumped on and off trains as we chose, and saw some amazingly beautiful sights. 29 years later, my son Zac did a Contiki tour (his second), taking him to many of the same places I had visited... ahhhh, the memories all came flooding back!

I am imagining if anyone else has been to Pisa, Italy, then you may also have a photo like these... lol 

How Many?






So, how many millions of people have exactly this type of photo??? 

I chose to use a couple of papers from Pinkfresh Studio - from the Boys Fort and Escape The Ordinary ranges, but wanted to add some cool stamps and stenciling, so decided against a lot of patterns.
I clear gesso(ed) the entire page first (thinking I would use more paint, which I didn't in the end...lol).
I worked out my layout roughly, and did some background work around where I planned my images. I stamped using black permanent ink and some AALL & Create stamps. And then I mixed some nice heavy (thick) black and white gesso (I could have used grey paint here, but was originally going to do it in black, so I had the gesso on my mat to use!) to sponge through my Dylusions Number stencil.  


I thought that was it... but it looked a bit grey (because I thought that was what I wanted)... so I added some green Stazon ink and another couple of AALL & Create Stamps randomly over the background as well...


Yep, I liked that better...

So, I added my papers, and with the left over 'grey gesso', I coloured some old Basic Grey chipboard letters (from my stash), because the letters were PURPLE!!! 
Then I pushed it all around a bit until I was happy with how it all fitted... and added my journaling.



Here is a list, with links for what I used....

Escape The Ordinary Dare


Thank you so much for checking in here, it really means a lot to us! And don't forget, you have a couple of weeks to enter the challenge, on the Scrap matrix Shares page - we LOVE seeing what has inspired you!
Cheers, Vicki. xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment