Saturday 6 January 2018

Paper Artsy Art Journal Share

Good Morning Everyone,

Monique here with my second share for this month's Paper Artsy challenge.  Today I am sharing with you an Art Journal Page I did using these stencils, available here in the Scrap Matrix shop.







This is the end product:

Here is a quick step by step on its creation.

1.  First I applied some clear gesso to the double pages.  This protects the pages a bit more.

2.  Next, I used some napkins and cut out some images.  I cut out 1 large butterfly, 2 smaller butterflies and some flowers from one napkin, and some images from another napkin.  The images form part of the base - they provide some texture to the background.



3.  I then applied the textured patterns to the base of my journal pages.


4.  Next, I applied some Dylusions Paint to the background with a sponge.  I used Vibrant Turquoise, London Blue and Fresh Lime and Cut Grass.  Then I used some matte medium to apply my cut out butterflies and flowers and applied some white paint chevrons using the PS016 Stencil.



5.  Next, I added some more images with the PA Stencil 007 (JOFY) and the PS016 Stencil.  Using more Dylusions Paint.  I didn't like the chevrons in white, so I painted over them with Dylusions paint in Pomegranite Seed.  I also stamped the words "Art," "Love" and "See" from the Dina Wakley Cling Primative Icons Stamp.  The orange "splotches" were added by simply using a piece of packing plastic from a stamp.




6.  Finally, I added some white around some of the images to make them "pop" off the page.



Well that's it from me today.  Don't forget if you want to enter this fabulous challenge you need to upload your entries into the Album on the Scrap Matrix Shares page on Facebook.

Please find a list of all the Scrap Matrix goodies I used, with links, below.

Paper Artsy Stencil PA Stencil 007 (JOFY) 
Paper Artsy Stencil PS016 Stencil
Art Journal
Fine Tipped Black Marker Pen
White Paint Pen.

Thank you so much for popping by - I am so looking forward to seeing all your fabulous Paper Artsy Challenge entries!



No comments:

Post a Comment