Monday 4 February 2019

Art Journal - Limited Supplies

Good Morning - Lynn here to share my art journal page for this months challenge - Using Limited Supplies.

I was given the following supplies to create with:


For me this was a challenge as I have a huge craft supply and dont like limitations - but actually in the end found it very rewarding!!!!!



I tried to stick to the supplies given - adding black gesso and white paint pen.  I did also use a die cut for the frame.

I began by stamping the images from my Aall & Create stamp onto tissue paper and then using gel matte medium adding to the page of my Dylusions Art Journal


I have used tissue paper as some of my previous art journal pages are a bit bulky and this means I can not stamp a clear image directly onto the page,


Whilst waiting for the to dry I have stamped and coloured the image again onto card stock that I have coloured using the Dylusions Spray and spritzing with water before it was dry.  I also stamped out the three sayings to use on my page.



From here I took step by step photos but for some reason they have vanished to cyber space!!!  So I will have to talk you through the steps - which are super easy!

I used the stencil and some clear crackle paste around the layout and once dry have applied colour using all three types of paint given.   I then mounted my frame and focal point as well as the three sayings.

Final touches included drawing little triangles to match those in the stamp, white paint marks and edging with black gesso and marking with the yellow paint and white paint pen,

Here are some close ups:







I would love to see what you can create with the following supplies:




Entering is super easy - just head to our Scrap Matrix Shares Facebook  page and find the February - Limited Supplies folder.  Upload your project and dont forget to mention in the comments what limited supplies you used. - remember you can use other items such as pens, patterned paper etc - these are just the basic supplied to create your background.

  
You could win a voucher to the Scrap Matrix Store ( who doesnt love some free shopping!) or the opportunity to be a Guest Designer with us.



No comments:

Post a Comment