Monday 25 February 2019

'I meant to behave' by Elisa Ablett


Hi Scrap Matrix fans!

Elisa here from the design team with my second inspiration for the month based on the February 'Limited Supplies' challenge.

I created a fun and bright Art Journal Page using gel plates and an image transfer.

Check out the challenge album here in the Scrap Matrix Shares Group.


Image may contain: text

The limited supplies that I used for my background are above:

1. 13arts Stencil
2. Aall and Create Stamps
3. Blackberry Dina Wakely Paints
4. Dylusions Spray - Pomegranate 
5. Dylusions Paint - Vibrant Turquoise

all supplies are available from the Scrap Matrix shop 

Other products used include; Tim Holtz Ideology Small Talk Snarky stickers, Posca Paint Pens, Gel Plate, Gel Medium, White Gel Pen, Liquid Paper Pen, Circle Template

I love using my gel plate and have been experimenting with 'image transfers' using gel medium along with my gelli plate prints. 

I wanted to see how far my limited supplies could take me using just my gel plate and the creating around the photo transfer of Lucille Ball. 

I love this photo of Lucille, a great comedienne so I had it printed on laser paper which is essential to the gel medium image transfer technique.

Let's take a closer look at the page.



I used a small petite gel plate, the paint and the stencil to create circle prints on my page around the photo transfer. I then used paint pens and gel pens to trace and make marks in each of the circles.


 Use the word stamp to stamp around the photo transfer with a Staz on Ink pad, and out line the photo transfer with colourful marks.

Add your quote and outline with gel pen. Using a small piece of cardboard stamp Vibrant Turquoise paint in lines around your page.


Love the photo transfer on the page, I think i will be doing this more often and perhaps even try with magazine images etc.

Thank you for stopping by the blog today, i hope you have been inspired to try limiting your supplies and perhaps even an image transfer on your art journal page.

Hugs

Elisa


No comments:

Post a Comment