Saturday 18 January 2020

Summer Blooms


Hi!
  Today I've got three cards for you using the Colours of Summer theme.


Summer seems to be filled with birthdays to me.  
A lot of my favourite people seem to be born during these months. 
I'm constantly making cards, (and attending celebrations), so I thought I make some using the bright colours from Ranger's Distress Inks and Paperartsy's JOFY large blooms.

So this is what I used:

Card Blanks
White Cardstock
Paperartsy Stamps - JOFY 71, JOFY 72, JOFY 73 
Distress Inks (DI) - Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean, Ripe Persimmon, Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade
Archival Ink - Jet Black, Library Green
Coloured Pencils

Firstly I blended my DI inks onto the cardstock then stamped my chosen designs with Jet Black. (Of course I forgot to take photos of this step.)  I added details with my pencils and the Posca pen and black pen.




 
I next chose my two favourite DI greens and blended these onto another piece of cardstock. Grabbing the stencil, I blended Salty Ocean over it .  I stamped one design in Library Green randomly over the cardstock.  I stamped the second design with embossing ink and covered it with embossing powder. Heated it with a heat gun to set it.



I trimmed the paper into several sizes and attached them to the card blanks.   I used a black pen to trace around the pieces to add some definition.  I cut out my petals and centres and glued them to the cards, (using 3D foam for the centres).





So that's it.  Three simple cards for Summer.  I hope you all get to spend some time in your craft rooms.  It's a great way to relax. 
I'm off to another celebration.  I hope they like the card I made. 😄




No comments:

Post a Comment