Friday 10 January 2020

A Summer of Colour

 Well here we go again... Another year is over and a new one has just begun.  

I am truly happy to be starting the year continuing as a designer for this blog.  This has been a very rewarding experience.  The comments and support has been amazing.  I can't wait to see what this year will bring.




I was not sure what I was going to do for this month's challenge when I found out what the prompt was.  Summer is far different, (and longer), up here in FNQ than it is down in the southern part of Oz.  We only have a few weeks each year where the maximum temperature falls below 20 degrees C. January usually brings the monsoonal rains, heat and humidity and the average rainfall will be between 500 to 600mm for the next few months.  Grey skies and lush greenery are the main colours of Mother Nature's palette, but we do get to see a fair number of rainbows.  So I will use those cheery colours to brighten your day. 




I have chosen to do an art journal page for my first project.  This was a quick page done in my Art by Marlene Journal.   I  have used my Paperartsy paints and one of Tracy Scott's stencils along with my Posca pens.  





For the first step I sponged Tango, London Bus, Sargasso, Cerise and Zesty Zing over my page randomly. I occasionally used my fingers to blend the colours more to my liking.  


 I then used Tracy's stencil PS160 to add some detail to my page.  I also used Snowflake on one of the designs.




My next step was to outline some of the stencilled designs with the Posca pens as well as a few doodles.  I find this step so relaxing and often find it difficult to stop.  Lastly I chose a quote from the Dina Wakely Media Collage papers and adhered it with some gel medium.  I'm not really happy with how that turned out. I was hoping the paper would be more translucent.  Oh well... 


I thought I'd show you a few other pages I have done in a different journal also using Paperartsy Paints as well as some other stencils.  These were what I was going to try to re-create for this project but every one comes out differently depending on my mood or how much time I have. Sometimes they can get a little 'busy'.  I used a brush to add the paint to these pages and they have more of a flowing design.





That's it from me this time.
I hope everyone is safe and well.

  (The disasters that have befallen this country have been truly heartbreaking. I hope that this will soon be over and the task of recovery and rebuilding can soon begin.  My heart goes out to all who are dealing with stress, loss and grief at this time.)


Jen
xx xx


No comments:

Post a Comment