Friday 3 January 2020

Create your own Sunshine with Tam

Happy New Year Creative Souls!

I'm here today to share my Summer inspired Art Journal creation....



To me, this just screams Summer.
All about colour and waves and sunsets.




So let's take a look at how this came together.




I had been hoarding this 'Art by Marlene Ocean Window 12x12 Stencil' .....the shape of those flowers look like waves, and that inner circle just reminds me of the sun.

I chose some of my fave PaperArtsy Paints that are full of summery vibes.
I also used my larger Dina Wakley Journal.




I began by adding 'Zesty Zing' PaperArtsy paint with a sponge, focusing on the circular area
 (the sun).




I then added some of the 'Cerise' paint and blended it a little.
Keeping the stencil in place, I began adding other paints with a sponge.







I then decided to take the 'Zesty Zing' to the edge of the page.




It seemed a little harsh, so I grabbed the stencil, some 'Snowflake' PaperArtsy Paint and sponged over the top a bit randomly.




Adding that white back in pulled it altogether.




I then grabbed my fudeball pen and swirled it around the circle, adding a few scribbles.
I also went in with the stencil and paint and a sponge and added extra bits to the inner edge of the circle.




I then grabbed some of the Alpha foam stamps by Tim Holtz. 
I added the word sunshine, with black archival ink making sure it was to one side.
I didn't centre it, I rarely do.....it just means it doesn't then have to be perfect, whereas if it's centred I feel the pressure to get it exactly right.
I also like things a bit off centred, a bit unbalanced. A bit like me really.




I then added in my own writing to complete the quote.
I also went over the stamped letters with a white pen, and also added it into the circle too.




That's it!! 
A fun summery creation.




What colours say summer to you?
If you need some inspiration, check out our Summer Moodboard...




How can you not be inpsired by this?????

I have created another Art Journal Page (inspired by the fabulous Lisa Oxley)
I adore her colourful work.
I actually forgot to take photos as I went for this one. Whoops!
I'll leave a list after the last photo.

But basically I decided to select a colour from each of the colour pallettes above - yep mix it up completely!!



Just too cute....












 I used:


What does summer mean to you?
Add your creation to the Facebook Shares Group - just pop it in the 'January Challenge Folder', and let us know what Scrap Matrix Products you used.
I look forward to seeing your colourful creations.

I'll be back again soon.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment