Saturday 4 January 2020

Colours of Summer - Ode to our Firemen



Summer is such a wonderful season. I just love spending time at the beach, having barbecues and spending more time outdoors. This summer certainly started early, with many devastating bush fires across the country. I saw this picture on Facebook and thought that it really tells the story of a typical Australian summer. 








I started this project with some gel plate printing. I painted the base using a mix of Paper Artsy Paints in Coral and Zesty Zing, with a dash of Tangerine Dina Wakley paint. I stencilled Tracy Scott PS157  with Dylusions Paint Postbox Red. I cut out the petals to create flames.





On my journal page, I painted the base with two colours, Dylusions Slate Grey and Paper Artsy Zesty Zing. I watered these down to create a softer effect. I decorated the page with a couple of stencils and
added wisps of smoke using a Jofy Stamp JOFY80 .





I found an old zip (never throw anything away that you can turn into craft) which represents an opening between safety and danger. I glued the petals randomly to become flames. My blending tool was gelatos. The wording 'Faith Hope Love" was from JOFY 53 set. 


This is a fantastic challenge and I look forward to your creations.



No comments:

Post a Comment