Tuesday 3 March 2020

What do you see? Tam creates.....

Good morning creative souls.
Tam here today to share my first couple of Paper Artsy projects.

For this Challenge, I pulled out all my PaperArtsy Stamps and decided to look at them differently....
What could I create that's a little quirky and unexpected.




Meet Owlivia and.....



Finlay!

So let's see how they come together....

Let's start with Owlivia....




I knew I wanted to use my new Paper Artsy stamps - Tracy Scott ETS38 and JOFY 90
I hadn't opened them yet, so this challenge came at the perfect time.

I also dug out an couple of older stamps - both Tracy Scott ones - one from her previous release Tracy Scott ETS34 when she was last in Australia, and one from a couple of years ago -

As soon as I looked at the mini mandalas I saw owl eyes.....
So I loosely sketched an owl with pencil onto some Art by Marlene Watercolour paper. Very very loosely - you don't need to be able to draw, this is just to help with placement of the stamps.




Once the eyes were in, I immediately saw wings instead of flower petals,
 and feathers instead of  carvings....




Lastly, the mandalas became ear tufts and feathers....




Ok, now I had the base of my owl, it's time to add colour.

Lots of blending of colours and flicks of paint...




I finished it off with some doodles and pen work....














Love those eyes!




I enjoyed this so much I just had to try another one.....

I used three of the same stamps, but I also added in another older Tracy Scott set ETS09
Oh and I used the Tracy Scott set ETS 35, I just forgot to take a picture.




Time to follow the same process as Owlivia......

Love hearts became lips
Flower petals became a tail
A spiral for an eye
Circles for bubbles
and carvings and flowers buds for fins....




For a couple of these stamped images, I didn't want the entire stamp - for example, I didn't want the stem from the flower bud, so a quick easy solution is to cover with a bit of washi before stamping.




Time to add the watercolour, and the extra details with the penwork...







Happy with the outcome. 
Just love those lips.




If you follow my work you know I have created a couple of critters using stamps before.



 

In case you missed them you'll find the link to the HERE.

I'd love you to have a go at this fun technique.
What else can you see in those stamps?
Stand on your head, squint - you may be surprised what you find.....

What are you creating with the current PaperArtsy Challenge?
I can't wait to see.


Much love 
xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I am so gonna try this and see wgat I come up with. You are sooooo talented Tammy - thank you for the continual inspiration. Deb xx

    ReplyDelete