Wednesday 18 March 2020

Everything You Can Imagine...


Welcome to the Scrap Matrix blog.
  Today it’s my turn to show you my second project for ‘Paperartsy’ month. 

 


 They have a great variety of paints, stencils and stamps. Have I told you how much I love these products?    I have to say that my crafting budget takes a huge hit every time they have a new release.  My current favourites are those designed by Jo Firth Young and I’ve used them for this project.  


 So if you feel like hiding from the world’s troubles, I suggest you hop in your craft room, (or designated area), and play along for a while.  You will need:

·         A canvas, approx. 20 x 26cm
·         White Cardstock
·         A craft sheet (optional a piece of scrap paper will do)
·         A brayer
·         Paperartsy Paints – Summer Sky, Guacamole, Magic Moss, Zucchini, Granny Smith,  Gold, Snowflake, Wisteria, Lavender, Purple Rain, Eggshell and Truffle
·         Paperartsy Stencils PS139 and PS164
·         Paperartsy Stamp sets JOFY 81 and JOFY 82
·         A stamping platform or stamp positioner
·         Archival Ink Coffee


So this is what you’ll need to do.

1.  Sponge Summer Sky and Guacamole randomly onto the canvas.  Then put a little Magic Moss onto your craft sheet and load up your brayer. Run the brayer over your canvas in the sections you want some colour. Repeat with Wisteria, Gold and Snowflake.  (Snowflake will tone down some of the colour, so do this only if you feel it’s too bright).


2.  Sponge Magic Moss through stencil PS139on either side of the canvas.  Next, lightly sponge Guacamole over it again but only on the top of the ovals. In between these, Sponge Granny Smith through stencil PS164, and again sponge Zucchini but only on the top of the leaves.  I also sponged Zucchini and Magic Moss through PS164 in a few other random places just to fill in some gaps.
 


3. Next I stamped two of the large flowers from JOFY 81 using a stamping platform onto white cardstock with Archival Ink Coffee. Using this as a guide I painted the stems using the greens listed above and Snowflake and once dry, placed the cardstock back in the stamping platform and re-stamped the image over the paint. (I forgot to photograph this).


4.  I repeated this process six times (but only using the flower part of the stamp). Painted each section of flower that I wanted to cut out and piece together.  This is much easier (but more time consuming) than trying to paint each section on the one flower.


5.  Using the grid stamp from JOFY81, I stamped it randomly over the canvas using Magic Moss and Gold.  The double flower stamp from JOFY82 was stamped using Archival Ink Coffee onto the bottom right of the canvas.  I painted the circles in Gold.  Using the purple paints listed above, I sponged them onto a piece of cardstock and stamped the flowers again.  I cut out the petals only, (these will be glued onto the stamped images later).  Next I sponged the green paints onto cardstock and stamped the two leaves from JOFY81 and cut them out.

6.  Before gluing anything onto the canvas I went over the edges of my images with a brown pen.  I used a PITT pen but any pen/marker will do. A colour lighter than the Archival Ink is best.


7. Arrange images onto the canvas and glue/attach them using gel medium.  Next I added highlights with a white Posca pen and stamped the quote using Archival Ink.  

If  you have any questions about this project I'm happy to answer them.  Just post it in the Comments section.

You don't have to use the same stamps I have.
 I'm sure if you pop over to scrapmatrix.com and have a look at the Paperartsy products on offer, I'm sure you'll find something to your liking.  They are sure to bring you a little bit of happiness.   Also don’t forget to share your creations with us on the Facebook page, you may even win the monthly prize. Well, that’s it.  I hope you like it.

Take care.

Jen
>^.^<

No comments:

Post a Comment