Monday 14 October 2019

Tracy Scott - floral cards

Hello,
What a  fun month it is going to be with a visit to Scrap Matrix by Tracy Scott. I love making cards with her stamps.
 I made these two cards with the same set : Tracy Scott ETS24






On some white cardstock, I sprayed Distress Oxide Sprays using 'picked raspberry', 'faded jeans' and 'cracked pistachio' , randomly across two sheets. Oxide Sprays make lovely effects when you also splash some water and add droplets of the colour over the page. 
When the paper had dried, I added Lindy's Starburst - cocklebells coral which added a lovely shimmer to the page. Unfortunately that is hard to capture in a photo but it adds a lovely touch of sparkle.




Most cards I make are 6x6 however this method can be used on any size card. I cut two pieces of card, one larger than the other. On the larger piece I stamped a boarder and then glued this piece to a slightly larger piece of black card stock.




On the smaller piece, I stamped the same stamp to make a boarder as well as the circle stamp randomly on the card. I then glued this piece to a slightly larger piece of black card stock.




Glue the smaller piece to the larger piece. 
On a separate white card, stamp the block shape flowers.
 I cut two of the flowers down to make smaller flowers and attached to the left side of the card. 
With a black marker, I filled in a couple of the circles. 
 I finished by gluing the whole piece to a 6x6 white card.
 I can later add any sentiment as this is suitable for a birthday or get well card.




For my second card, I have used the left over coloured  paper and stamped the smaller floral from this set. 
I have cut a white piece of card smaller than the base and stamped the block floral and circles across the middle of the card. Cut out the coloured flowers and attach across the middle over the stamped area. 
Once again, I can add any sentiment to the front such as 'thinking of you' or 'thank you'.









Have a great day....


No comments:

Post a Comment