Tuesday 22 October 2019

More inspiration! - By Tanya Froud

Its Tanya here,with my second post for the month and I have a scrap layout for you and a a Halloween wall hanging (that ended up way more pretty and a lot less spooky...LOL

Lets start with the scrap Layout....'




This was created on white 12x12 card stock.
First I drew a few rough circles for the center of the page in light lead pencil.
I then painted them in using Paper Artsy Fresco Finish acrylic paints. and then let them dry fully.

Next I stamped some Tracey Scott Stamps from my stash. I used a mixture and randomly filled the circular pattern and added some hand doodling as well. 
I also stamped some butterflies onto white card and a flower on a separate piece of painted leftover scrap card and fussy cut them out.
I then created a little embellishment cluster and added a photo.

Here is a close up of the cluster.




Next up I made a spooky owl wall hanging for Halloween that ended up more sweet than spooky.




I created this by firstly painting on bits of card stock in random bright patterns using Paper Artsy Fresco Finish acrylic paints, and letting them dry fully.




I then got a sheet of box board from packaging I had set aside and cut a rough owl shape out.




Using stamp ETS28 plus a few other random Tracey Scott Stamps. I stamped lots and lots of flowers out onto the painted cards that I did in step 1, using archival ink and gave it a quick dry with a heat gun.
I then fussy cut out individual petals and made a pile.

Moving onto the owl I stuck him together and then gave him a quick coat of black gesso and dried him.
Then I just layered and glued the petals over and over to create his wings, tail and features.
I bent some petals to create texture.
I also cute some feathers from scraps




Here is a close up of his wing...




So as you can see, he is far from spooky..but super sweet instead.
Not much of a Halloween decoration!

That's all from me for today!
Cheers x



No comments:

Post a Comment