Thursday 24 October 2019

Do all things with love - by Elisa Ablett



Hi everyone,

My turn up on the Scrap Matrix blog with my second share for the month and what a month it is!!! Tracy Scott month woohoo 💚💛💜💓

So in keeping with true Tracy Scott inspiration, I went mad on colour on my scrapbooking page and utilised all my Tracy Scott stamps and stencils available in store at Scrap Matrix, I have included links and pics further down.

Don't forget if you haven't stopped by the Scrap Matrix Shares page to check out the inspiring projects and our very own Tracy Scott Challenge. 


No photo description available.



Let's take a look at what products I used from Scrap Matrix - 
don't forget if you want to purchase any of these you just click on the link and head to the website.


PA Stencil PS109 PA Stencil PS111 Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Paints

Tracy Scott 16 (A5 set, trimmed, on EZ)Tracy Scott 21(A5 set, trimmed, on EZ) Tracy Scott 22(A5 set, trimmed, on EZ)

Tracy Scott 09 (A5 set, trimmed, on EZ)Tracy Scott 20(A5 set, trimmed, on EZ)


Here are some close ups for the finer details!




So where to start on this layout you ask ???
 Firstly, lets talk about how I completed the stenciling with just a baby wipe and Paper Artsy Fresco Paints.
Squirt a little paint on your craft messy mat, dip a baby wipe in the paint (don't have too much) and hold your stencil firmly and very still then rub your baby wipe over the stencil. Move the baby wipe around to get a clean area and then apply another colour and so on.  You can use this technique with any size stencil.




 Whilst you have your paints out, squirt some on a piece of white cardstock and smear over with an old credit card or rewards card OR if you don't have those available use a flat edge kitchen spatula, easy peasy to spread your paint.
Once dry, stamp as many leaves, flowers, butterflies etc as you want over your coloured area.
Fussy cut them out and get ready to layer them around your photo.




Use a white gel pen and a white paint marker to add details to your fussy cut items.
This will give them depth and make them pop a little more. 




Don't be afraid to have one 'powerful bloom' to offset your flower cluster on the right hand side of your photo. This is a great trick for any scrapbooking design.

You could also add a bit of bling here if you wanted, like rhinestones or sequins etc.

I didn't really want to add a title, so I went with a few well placed quotes or words which I think works better with such a colourful and 'busy' layout.

Well that's it from me today, I hope I have inspired you to take on the Tracy Scott challenge for this month! 

Hugs 

Elisa x


2 comments: