Friday 18 October 2019

Jen's Art Journal Page.


Okay, okay, some of you may have picked up by now that I'm a bit of a feline fanatic. 
I'm not a crazy cat lady though, I do have limits. 

This page happened because it's been a few months since I've done anything cat-themed and I always find their appearance inspiring.  It's not a great photo, the pic has shown up more blue than the aqua it really is and the page is a little buckled, but it makes me happy.  Sadly, I forgot to take photos as I went along, but the process was really quite simple.

I've done this in my large journal and used Paperartsy paints and Tracy's stamps and stencil.





The background was done by using Paperartsy paints Mermaid, Glass Blue and Blue Lagoon. I just smeared them all over the page with my fingers. It's very theraputic, although messy.  I then used the Tracy Scott stencil PS124 with Snowflake, lightly sponging it.  
My cat was made from watercolour paper, cut out and painted with Midnight. The quote done with a Posca pen.


The flowers and butterfly are from Tracy's set ETS28.  These I positioned onto white card and traced around with pencil. I then used London Bus, Tango, and Tangerine Twist blending them with a brush and then my fingers. (This always seems to happen.) I stamped them with Archival Ink Jet Black,(using  my pencil lines as a guide),  cut them out, and using a warm grey pen, went aroung the cut edge.


I positioned my cut images, marked where they would go and used the small flower from the ETS24 stamp set with Archival Inks Garden Patina and Manganese Blue.

I painted the edges of the page with Mermaid and used a black pen for the outline. Mixed some Midnight paint with water and splattered it over the page. then glued my cut outs onto the page with Gel Medium.

I hope this wasn't too boring since I didn't take any progress photos. I'm really sorry about that, but when you feel the inspiration spark you just gotta go with the flow. 

I hope those of you who got to go enjoyed Tracy's classes. I'm really jealous. 
Well, that's it,  my battery is nearly gone.   
Happy crafting!

Jen.


No comments:

Post a Comment