Thursday 10 October 2019

Something Different... with Jen.


Hi Everyone.
I'm back again for another month as Guest DT.
I'm still excited and I'm starting to get the hang of it.
My first thought this month was how was I going to do something that hadn't already been done. Especially since Tracy has done so much, and most of you have been lucky enough to meet her and attend her classes. So I thought I'd do something a little different...  an altered clipboard.




I've had these clipboards sitting around for a few years now as I was going to make them up for Christmas gifts for my friends, but life being what it is... I never got around to it.


You will need:

A clipboard
Paperartsy Paints - Zucchini, Magic Moss, Butter, Wisteria, Lavender, Purple Rain, South Pacific, Stone, White Fire and Snowflake for a few splatters.


First you have to prepare your clipboard.
Place masking tape on the clip to keep it clean, covering every bit to save it from any stray paint.  Then a light sand and a coat of gesso and your ready to start.




I first applied a coat of Zucchini. Then a few smudges of Magic Moss and White Fire.




 I then carefully sponged Purple Rain, Lavender and Wisteria onto Stencil PS124.




I then sponged my stamps with my paints and randomly placed them.
 (I had a little trouble as I was doing this out on my patio and it was already starting to heat up.  The paint was drying quicker than I could stamp, so some of them are a little patchy.)

I then mixed some Purple Rain, White Fire and Snowflake with water, (separately), and splattered them onto the clipboard.




Then using my Posca pen, I outlined the stencilled image and some of the stamps, and doodled everywhere. It was so much fun I had trouble stopping .

Now let's see what you can do.

Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment