Saturday 19 October 2019

'follow your heart' by Elisa Ablett


Hi Scrap Matrix lovers!

Elisa here from the design team with my latest creation for Scrap Matrix, a colourful and different scrapbooking page - chock-a-block full of Tracy Scott and Paper Artsy products!

Now to those that don't know me well, I have been away from the team for a short break due to some personal family issues but I am back now and ready to create and share with you the latest and greatest products instore.

If you haven't already headed to Scrap Matrix Shares group on Facebook to see the new challenge for October, I urge you to pop over and have a look and join in the fun for this month. Tracy is in store this month!


No photo description available.


PA Stencil 053 {ETS}Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Paints


Tracy Scott Stamp Set #27Image 1


Products used from the Scrap Matrix Store - 


Let's take a closer look at the layout!



To begin my layout, I used a palette knife to spread black gesso over the middle of the scrapbooking paper and I set it aside to dry.

Then once dry, I used the paper-artsy-fresco-finish-acrylic-paints in turquoise, tangerine twist, bubblegum and very berry and using the palette knife again and my finger i smoothed the different colours over the black gesso. This way the colours sat on top of the gesso and didn't absorb or get lost in the back ground paper.

While i had my colours out and about, I finger painted all four colours onto thick white cardstock in true Tracy Scott style, then waited til it dry and then stamped Tracy Scott dragon fly stamp from the Stamp Set 27 which is still in stock with Vicki in store. I also matted my photo with the painted paper so it matched the layout.


Colour your chipboard pieces with white paint or a white paint marker and using your scissors distress the chipboard by cutting off some of the grids. Put aside to dry.




Stencil black gesso or black modelling paste through the Tracy Scott 053  stencil onto the left and right hand side of your pages as per the main photo. Once dry, use a paint marker or gel pen in white to go around your stencilled areas and then use different sized plates from your kitchen or circle templates, add what I like to call distress circles to your page by tracing around the outside of the plate and then moving it slightly to the left and right and tracing around it again. 



Don't forget to add some background stamping before you glue your photo and chipboard down and your quotes for your title.


That's your layout finished!


Thanks for stopping by the blog today, I hope I have inspired you to try this month's challenge.

Hugs 

Elisa x




No comments:

Post a Comment