Wednesday 5 September 2018

Monique's First "Framed" layout.

Good morning everyone!!  Welcome to the Scrap Matrix Blog - how are you all going with the "You've been Framed" challenge?

It's my turn today to show my first layout for the challenge, and here it is:

What I love about this challenge is it is open to so many interpretations. You can make your own frame, use chipboard frames, polaroid frames, frame the page, paint frames...... you could just let your imagination go wild!

 On this layout, I decided to create my own frame using ephemera from the Pink Fresh "Boys Fort" Ephemera Pack.

I actually had lots of painty fun with this layout.  First, I covered my page in some TSW Clear Gesso
Then I took out my Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic paint.  Next, I used AALL & Create Stencil #20 to add some texture paste to my base.  Then, I added my paint with a palette knife.   I wanted to use a yellow shade that closely matched the yellow in the ephemera I was using.  The thing I love about this paint is it is so easy to mix and blend to create the exact shade you desire.

This time I used "Lemon," "Tangerine" and "Olive" the create the shade I wanted.


Once all that was dry, I used this Paper Artsy Stencil to stencil on some arrows using Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic Paint in "Night"

Here is a picture of my base:


Next, I cut out a piece of paper about 2.5 centimetres bigger than my photo in width and height, and played around awhile with the ephemera until I was happy with how my frame looked.  When I was satisfied, I stuck it all down, and then added my photo on top, popping it up on some thick card to give it more dimension.



I adhered my photo to my base, then added some more KK Chipboard - "Squared 6" and "Bite Sized," which I painted in Dina Wakley Heavy Bodied Acrylic Paint in Elephant.  My title word "Journey" is also painted in Dina Wakley Heavy Bodied Acrylic Paint, this time in "Night."


Here is a photo of my finished layout:

Thank you so much for popping by, I hope you have found some inspiration to crack open your ephemera packs and use them to create a frame for your photos!


Here is a full list of the products I have used that are available in the Scrap Matrix Shop"

Pink Fresh Studio "Boys Fort" papers "High Five" and "Wowsers"

Don't forget this challenge is open until 30 September - if you want to play along, simply upload your "You've Been Framed" layout to the relevant folder on the Scrap Matrix Shares Facebook page - I am so looking forward to seeing all your sensational entries!

Bye for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment