Wednesday 12 September 2018

Frame upon Frame upon Frame by Tam

Hello there, Tam here today to share another 'You've been Framed' Creation!
 
This one is a bright, goofy fun page celebrating our awesome table at the final escape2create.
 
So sad this event has retired, but love all the awesome memories!!
 

 
 
Not only have a gone to town stamping frames, I've also used photos with a frame!
 
 
 
 
As per usual, I've gone with COLOUR and black and white!!
Tam style for sure.




It came together pretty quickly, so let's see how that happened.
 
I began with white cardstock, which I added white gesso all over.




Once dry, I added paint. Of course after the recent Tracy Scott event at Scrap Matrix, I just HAD to use some of her PaperArtsy Paints!


 
 
I went with my fave colour combo Slimed, Sargasso, and Beach Hut.
 
 
 
 
I added more water towards the bottom of the page, as I wanted the colour to fade and look ombre.
 
I love that some of the colours are translucent, and some opaque.
I totally select by colour, so I always get a bit of a surprise when I paint them on.


 
 
I then used TCW Stencil 'Mums '.
I selected a flower and then added texture paste, mixed with PaperArtsy Snowflake paint through the stencil.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I ensured that the flowers were partly off the page to create a flow and more natural feel.
 

 
 
I then dug out some AALL & Create stamps that contained lines.
 
I stamped these onto page using Archival Ink and  ensuring each one was stamped so that it became a square or rectangle, to create my own stamped 'frames'.
 
 
 
 
Again I made sure some were going off of the page.
 
At this point I created some layers behind my photo using scraps and tags.
(Sorry forgot to get a photo of this - totally immersed again!)


 
 
I then added black gesso to some metal flowers and I poked these into the layers, and also trimmed some in half and added them to look like they were also going off the layout.
 
 
 
 
For my title, I recently purchased these cool Alpha stamps by Tim Holtz.
 
Using black gesso, I stamped them directly onto the layout.


 
 
To go with the fun theme, I decided to have my title in different fonts, so I used a sticker from Heidi Swapp Epoxy titles.


 
 
I then added my journaling below this using a Fudeball pen - love these so much for writing on mixed media!!
 
 
 
 
I also decided to add a few more frames in by doodling with the Fudeball pen.
As is always the case with me, once I began, I found it difficult to stop!!
 
This pen just glides and makes it super easy.
 
 
 

I created a index tab using this PaperArtsy stamp, and tucked that into my layers too.
 

 
 
I think it suits the fun vibe really well.
 
 
 
 
Here's a pic of the layers behind the photos......
 
 


And that is that!!
 
I hope I've tempted you to have a go, and enter our challenge this month.
 
As usual, you could win a Scrap Matrix voucher, and even the chance to be a guest designer!!
 
So head on over to our Scrap Matrix Shares Facebook Group, and pop your entry - whether it be a layout, a journal page, some cards, a canvas, whatever you like - into the 'You've been Framed' Album and let us know what Scrap Matrix products you've used.
 
(please note there needs to be at least ONE SM product on your creation - the more the merrier!)
 
Below you can find the list of products I used.
 
Happy creating and sharing!!
 
xxx
 
 
Scrap Matrix products used:
 
White Bazzill
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment