Sunday 2 September 2018

Thankful by Sandra Brimelow

Hi everyone, I am pleased to be back as a guest designer for Scrap Matrix, for the frames challenge. Here is the graphic for the challenge:

 
 
When you think about it, there are many ways we can use frames on our layouts. You could use chipboard or wood veneer frames, doodled or stitched frames, a frame of flowers, patterned paper to frame, the list is endless. 
I was sent some gorgeous chipboard frames to play with for this challenge, and this inspired my layout.

Thankful
 
The background to my layout was created using these gorgeous patterned papers from 13 Arts. I used Dream and Destination. 
 
 
 
 
Now I ordinarily do not like to work with purple, but these papers were so lovely to used, I had to draw the purple out to use on my layout. I added a wash using Tim Holtz distress oxides - Wilted Violet and Bundled Sage  to the background. Using the TCW stencil - coffee splotch and Finnabair Texture Paste - antique silver crackle, I added some silver to background to provide a frame to the outer edge of the paper. I also did some faux stitching as another border, to the corners of the paper.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I wanted to add a bit more framing around the photo, so I did this using Paper Artsy JOFY 26 stamp set which I coloured with Faber Castell gelatos - Metallic Grape, Lavender, Fig and Metallic Ink.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Finally to embellish, I added Blue Fern Studio flowers - late winter lilliesMAMBI chips - Hey you collectionTim Holtz Ideology - Big Chat and Small Talk. Underneath my photo, I have laid some German Scraps.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I must admit, initially I was a bit nervous about doing the framed challenge as a guest designer, but I am so very pleased with how this layout turned out. I hope you can find time to play along with the challenge. Until next time........Sandra
 
 

Scrap Matrix products used:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment