Sunday 16 September 2018

"Imagine" by Monique

Hi Everyone - Monique back again with my second layout for the fabulous "You've Been Framed" challenge over at Scrap Matrix.

As I said in my first post for this challenge, the thing that really appealed to me about the challenge was just how diverse the interpretation of the challenge could be.

For this layout, I decided to use the "Negative Frames" as the "Frame" component of the challenge.

This is what I came up with:


I found some old Kaisercraft paper which had some cool film strip edging, which I cut off to edge the paper I wanted to use, and I also had some old negative transparency which I layered under my photo clusters, but you could use this Blue Fern Studio Film Strip chipboard and paint it black and it would have the same effect.

Here is a quick step by step of how I created this layout.

1.  I used a teal/copper coloured piece of paper from the Stamperia "Clockwise" Paper Pad.  

2.  First, I used some TCW Clear Gesso to add some protection to my base paper.  I use clear gesso all the time with my layouts as I tend to use a lot of medium and it really protects the paper and stops the paper from getting too warped and crinkled up.

3.  Apply some Texture Paste using the TCW 12x12 Tuscan Wall stencil.  Layer on some Lindy's Stamp Gang Ink Spray, diluting with water and drying between applications to prevent creating a "muddy" look.  I used Cattail Copper Brown and Danny Zuko Denim.  Once I was happy with that, I rubbed the raised areas of the texture paste with some Finnebair Art Alchemy Metallique Wax in Rich Copper.



4.    Add some layers - I cut some clocks out of another piece of paper from the Stamperia "Clockwise" Paper Pad, and then added them to my base paper using matte medium.  I then added my negative shapes - as shown.
Like I said before, I used some old transparency I had, but you could just as easily use this chipboard,  painted black. 



5.  Next, create some paper layers -  I used the "Tags" paper from the Stamperia "Clockwise" Paper Pad, and cut several tags out, inking them and layering them with a piece of scrap paper from the same range.  





6. Place the layered photo mat on my base, raising it up slightly with some thick card to add some dimension and give me some height to tuck under some embellishments.





7.  Mat your photo with some scrap paper - I used some scraps from the range I was using.  Add your photo on top of the tag cluster using some more thick card to add some more depth and another opportunity to layer.




8.  Time to embellish - get some gear - type chipboard.  I used the Blue Fern Studios Cogs and Gears and Moving Parts Chipboard,  which I painted with some brass coloured paint, and a touch of teal and mint to add a patina effect to them.  I added them to my layout with some Prima Mechanicals Rustic Washers and Prima Mechanicals Rustic Steampunk Gears.



9.  Finally, add a title.  I used the "Imagine" word from the 13 Arts Strength in Numbers Chipboard sheet.  Flick on some black paint, add some black string to the tags and any other bits and pieces to add interest.

Hope you enjoyed my little tutorial.  Don't forget you still have two weeks to weeks to get in your entries.  You can interpret this challenge in so many ways - use chipboard frames, frame your photo, add some polaroid frames, use negatives, stamp some frames.....  the choice is almost unlimited!

Once you have completed your entry, don't forget to upload it into the "You've Been Framed" album on the Scrap Matrix Shares Facebook Page.

I can't wait to see your creations so please be sure to play along.

Here is a full list, with links, of the products I've used from the Scrap Matrix Shop.

Stamperia Paper Pad: "Clockwise"
Blue Fern Studios Chipboard: "Moving Parts" and "Cogs and Gears"
LindyStamp Gang Ink Spray "Cat Tail Copper Brown"

Thank you so much for stopping by xx.


No comments:

Post a Comment