Tuesday 3 September 2019

Tam's creation with Foamies!!

Hi all

Tam here today to share my first creation for our current Art Foamies Challenge!!
So much you can do with them!!

I thought I'd go with a layout first....I've got a few ideas for Art Journal Pages though....
so watch this space....




This one was inspired by a circle and floral layout created by our very own Elisa Ablett a few months ago.
Thanks so much for the inspiration Elisa.




So I began this layout by stamping a few of the circular foamies.
I added paint directly to the foamie and added a couple of colours at once.
I then stamped this directly onto some cardstock.




I used Dina Wakley paint in 'Lapis' and 'Lime' and 'Black'
and Paper Artsy Paint in 'Cerise' and 'Beach Hut'.
I blended a couple of them to get some different green shades too.

I used the following Foamies on this layout:








I then cut them out, and punched out some circles from the 'Writer's Block' and the 'Dino Skin' - I'll use these for the centres.



Here's what I cut out......yummy!
Once I'd cut out the circles/florals, I felt like they had a real fun child like vibe to them, so this then became the inspiration for my layout.
My journaling follows this too.
Yep up until this point I had no clue what I was doing!!!

So once I saw these, I was reminded of the layout by Elisa, so suddenly I had direction.....




Using my fudeball pen, I traced a cirlcular shape repeatedly onto my cardstock, adding in some scribbles and some black paint flicks.

I then added my photos, and began layering all my cut out pieces around one edge of the circle.







I stamped one of these phrases from a Dina Wakley stamp set for my title,
and added journaling  both around the title and along the edges of my hand drawn circle.







I added in an embellishment from 7Dots Paint Chips Die Cuts, and a couple of MAMBI chips as centres of flowers, along with some of the circles I punched earlier.




Simple yet effective.
Full of naive youth and vibrant colour, just like these beautiful teenage girls....

The journaling reads....
Enjoy these little moments.
All too soon you'll be off living your lives and these gatherings will be fewer and fewer...
don't take these moments for granted
enjoy them all
savour the moments and the friendships

and also....
You breeze in full of giggles and long legs and then you breeze out again and I'm reminded of the beauty and freedom of youth. Another life ago.




Well that's it from me today.

I had so much fun playing with the Foamies, they stamp beautifully, and I love that they stamp so well with PAINT!!!! cause you know me I'm all about colour and paint.
You just don't get these results with stamps.

I can't wait to see your creations....
Just head to our Facebook Scrap Matrix Shares Group and upload your creation in the 'September Foamies' Album and let us know what Scrap Matrix Products you used in the comments.

Oh the possibilities!!!




I'll be back again soon with some more Art Foamies Inspiration....

Much love and foamie fun

xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment