Tuesday 10 September 2019

Art Foamies - My Imagination is Endless.

 Hi!
 I felt very honoured when Vicki asked me to be a guest member of the Design Team. 
The excitement soon kicked in and then the fear. 
So I hope you all enjoy the projects I share with you.

I thought I’d share a little about myself first.  I live with my husband and two kitties just outside of the beachside community of Kurrimine Beach in Far North Queensland, about an hour and a half south of Cairns. It’s the wettest part of Australia and when it’s not raining, it’s perfect, though a little hot and humid.

 I don’t really have a ‘style’ as I’m constantly trying new techniques.  If anything, it can be described as chaotic and impatient.  I rarely have a plan, and if I do, it never works out that way, (chaos) and it usually only takes me and hour or so, (impatient) as my ideas seem to flow faster that I can commit them to paper.  I make more ‘mistakes’ (or lessons titled ‘Don’t do that next time’) than projects I’m happy to share.  

So here goes.  My first project…





                        
You will need:

Art Foamies – Circle Salad
DistressOxide Inks – Blueprint Sketch, Cracked Pistachio, Twisted Citron
Craft sheet/ piece of acetate
Water Spritzer 

Any dragonfly stamp



I’ve used the first page in my Art by Marlene journal.  I’ve sponged gesso onto my art foamies and stamped them randomly at the top left and bottom right corners.  


It’s a little a hard to see. 
I then stamped the Twisted Citroen ink onto an acetate sheet and spritzed it with water.  
I run my fingers through it so it loses its square shape, then stamp/smoosh it over my gessoed shapes. 




Repeat with Cracked Pistachio and Blueprint Sketch until you get the desired effect.
I then inked the art foamies with oxide inks and stamped them around the edge.  (I didn’t like the cracked pistachio and covered it with the blueprint sketch).




I then wrote my quote down the right side of the page, but I hated it.   
I ended up printing it out on my computer and covered up the ugliness.
 I then used the dragonfly that was an extra for a card I had done.  ( It was made by blending the above colours onto a piece of card and stamping the dragonfly onto it. I then cut it out and covered the wings in Ranger’s crackle accents.)  




This was actually my second attempt.  I bungled the first page by stamping my intended image crookedly. I’ve since covered it up and while not entirely happy with it, thought I’d share it with you. 




So there it is.  My first ever blog post.  I hope you like it.
Cheers. 
Jen.


3 comments:

  1. I love it Jen. Thank you so much for sharing the instructions. Definetly going to try this one. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. I would love to see your project when it's done.

      Delete
  2. Ohhh how wonderful! Great pages Jen and I'm delighted to see your pretty face here !!

    ReplyDelete