Saturday 14 September 2019

Foamies .... A journal page with Karen


Hello everyone,

Spring is the air! I think that's why I loved making this journal page. 
Foamies are a lot of fun to work with. 
A handy hint is to read the instructions as you should clean as you go with these stamps. I have a takeaway container next to me with some water and soak the stamps while I'm working. You don't want the paint to dry on the foam. 








I have used to sets of foamies. Bird Festival and Geometric Bundle. The beauty of foamies is that you can stamp with both sides. I have stamped with the back of the blocks randomly over my page. This background is inspired by a recent journal class at Scrapmatrix.





I have added some stencilling with two stencils TCW Mayan Calendar   and a Carabelle stencil.




I stamped the birds on some gel printed paper, which I always have handy for projects and I stamped the birdhouses on some leftover patterned paper.




The final touch of course, is a title! 
I have used a stamp from the Paper Artsy set by Tracy Scott ETS27




The paints I have used in this project are:
Dylusion Paints... Vibrant Turquoise, Slate Grey, Dirty Martini, London Blue and Crushed Grape

But wait.... there's more......

The beauty of art journals is the same techniques can also be used in card making. These cute birds make a great card as well.......







No comments:

Post a Comment