Wednesday 4 September 2019

Foamies... A Male Card with Karen

Hello Everyone,

How excited am I to be a guest on the Design Team for Scrapmatrix ?? ..... super excited!! 
I have been a card maker for too many years to mention and have added art journaling to my loves since attending classes with Vicki at Scrapmatrix.

 My personal challenge within the monthly challenges this year, was to complete each challenge  in card form, as I love card making. 
As Father's Day is part of this month, I have decided to make a male card. Using foamies made this so easy and we as card makers, often struggle with male cards.






For this project, I have used two sets of foamies : RTR Wine Tour and Balzer Writers Block.




I started with painting a background with dylusions melted chocolate and stamped over using the cork pattern from the RTR wine tour set with  Dina Wakley tangerine
The next layer is the foamies grape block in Paper Artsy Mulled Wine .... What an apt paint name for this theme!!





On a separate paper I have stamped the vine leaves in two tones, using Dina Wakley Lime and dylusions Dirty Martini  and another bunch of grapes. 
I fussy cut the leaves and a few grapes to add to my card.




 The foamies wine glass has been stamped once in black and then over stamped with Vivid Ultra Metallics acrylic paint which has given a nice shine.




I have stamped the foamies writers block  onto my base card. 
What a great stamp for backgrounds and tone on tone stamping.




Here we are...  One card for Father's Day or male birthday! 

Cheers, Karen.



No comments:

Post a Comment