Tuesday 22 January 2019

Scrap Matrix January 2019 Challenge - a second project with Helen

Welcome back to the Scrap Matrix challenge this month 
where we have an eclectic mood board to inspire you.




You can take this challenge pretty much where ever you want;
 it's so versatile.

Once again, the team has been invited to to use multiple photos,
so I specifically took heaps of shots on Christmas day.




I decided to keep it simple & create frugally as I did years ago.  
One sheet of paper and a few scraps is all I used.

I'm such a fan of this paper collection, 7 Dots, paint chip collection, "Aquarmarine" 
 What better for photos at the beach.




To partially frame the photos, I cut some contrasting scraps of paper, 
using some old dies from my stash.

The titles and stars are all from a Pink Fresh Studio, 



It was lovely to see the Cousins enjoying each other's company.
The Photo App tag is from Mambi chips, "Vacation". 



I used the Carabelle stamp, "Bulles d'eau",  because it reminds me of the bubbles 
in the sea, the champagne we drank and the effervescence of the children.
I randomly stamped the bubbles with 
White ink from my stash.

  
Here, I'm trialling the elements in various places on the paper. 



I decided to type my journalling on white card stock, so that it would stand out from the background. But then it looked too stark, so I pulled out some Tim Holtz distress Oxides.




Testing how the colours blend and checking that they will look OK on the background.   
I keep these little test swatches with the Oxides 
in case I need the same combination later on.


Before I separated the lines of text, I smooshed the card stock through the Oxides and dried it with a heat tool.



Later I flicked on a bit of extra green Oxide paint.

I'm happy with this photo journalist style of page, it narrates the Joy of the moments in an inexpensive and simple way.

How about you, do you have a group of photos you'd like to get scrapped?   I hope you've found some inspiration here and will play along.

Just add your entry to the Scrap Matrix Shares page, in the corresponding folder and don't forget to let us know what Scrap Matrix products you used and what inspired you.  You could be in the running for a generous gift voucher and perhaps a Guest Design Team spot down the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment