Thursday 17 January 2019

2018 - A Year in Review by Elisa Ablett



Hi Scrap Matrix Fans, 

Happy New Year to you all.

The start of the year has been huge for our Vicki with moving the shop and house. Now we are halfway through January already! It's going super quick...

I want you all to brace yourselves... yes my design team project is a double page, I am just as shocked as you all are. 

It is based on this month's challenge of 'A Year in Review' and It features loads of products from Scrap Matrix and 13 photos and touches on all the highlights from each month from 2018.

No photo description available.

It also features prints made from my gelli plate and I can now confess this layout was made while 'scramping' (scrapbooking and camping at the same time) with my good mate Tanya Froud and it was an almost 40 degree day under a tarp on a slope so not optimal for Gel Printing but we got there in the end.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people sitting

Proof of Extreme Scramping lol.

Products from Scrap Matrix

Dina Wakely Paint and Collage Words & Collage Backgrounds

Here are some close ups of the finer details :






To create the strips of colour, I gel printed on a white 12 x 12 sheet of cardstock using a variety of colours from Dina Wakely  Heavy Body Acrylic Paints, I then searched my stash for stencils from Scrap Matrix and came up with the ones below, a few from Paper Artsy, Aall and Create and 13 Arts and 7 dots Studio to add extra interest on my gel prints.

PA Stencil PS109PA Stencil 084 (JOFY)AALL Stencil #18AALL Stencil #136x6" 13 Arts - Triangles - Color Basic6x6" Dreamscapes Triangles Stencil

When selecting my embellishments that went with each month, I tried to select those that went with the photo, there are so many in our stashes and also in store!

Match quotes or word stickers to your photos as well to further enhance the highlight for that month.

The title was hand drawn and hand cut and I used http://scrapmatrix.com/idea-ology-cling-foam-stamps-cut-out-upper-26-pkg/ to create the months. 

Idea-Ology Cling Foam Stamps Cut Out Upper 26/Pkg


That's it from me today, I hope you have enjoyed having a peek through the year that was 2018 for my family, I would love to see your take on a double layout for January's challenge!

Thanks for stopping by :-) 

Elisa x


No comments:

Post a Comment