Saturday 12 January 2019

Once you learn to read ...

Michelle here again this month as a guest DT ! This months prompt had me stumped as I have not done any scrapbooking for quite some time and it seemed to call for photos, to me.

In 2018 I rediscovered my passion for reading and now I honestly read all the time ! I wanted to reflect this passion in a scrapbooking layout and include all the 47 books I've read. I used an app to collate all the book covers so I could print lots of thumbnail sized ones together.




I started out by choosing a 12x12 paper and adding Dylusions ink sprays
 and some black gesso to give it a more distressed feel.

I've also blended in some distress ink around the edges and used some
of my favorite stamps in the background to add more depth.



To add a layer behind the photos, I've cut out some circles from a contrasting paper,
used scraps of old book paper and also made a few small tags





I have finished it off by using some odd letters that needs using up, and I think it turned out ok !! 





Supplies used:

Carabelle studio - Edges in my journal stamps (currently out of stock)






No comments:

Post a Comment