Friday 18 January 2019

Reflections of 2018


I'm thrilled to still be a gust DT here with Scrap Matrix !!

For my second project I really wanted to go back to my love of art journalling.

I've grabbed my Dina Wakley art journal and Dina Wakley paints. Then smeared on an array of warm colours using a palette knife. It's a great quick way to create a unique abstract background. 


To create a bit more depth, I have used a Carabelle Studio for the love of layers stencil with the same above colours, and 7 dots star stencil with blackgesso.


I then sourced a free image from the internet to use as a template for a silhouette. I then filled it in with Black Gesso, I find this covers better than black paint. I have then finished this page off with a white gel pen, journalling my thoughts from the year. I didn't want it to be too clear as it's just for me. I've also out lined the lady and some stars !

I hope you'll give this a try !

No comments:

Post a Comment