Tuesday 15 January 2019

2018 - Celebrating Friendships with Monique

Good morning everyone!  Monique here popping by to share my creation for this month's "A Year In Review" challenge.

For this challenge I decided to do a double layout celebrating the friendship I have with some women I have known since our children started school together.  I love the way we make sure we spend time together, and how our families all get on so well.  We have so much fun every time we meet up, and we are a great support network for each other.

Of course, that can't be all done with just one layout, so I printed off five photos and did a double layout celebrating some of our get - togethers.

To begin, I scraped some paint onto some black cardstock.   I used some Dylusions Paint in Calypso Teal, Periwinkle Blue and Fresh Lime.  I then used The Crafters Workshop Black Modeling Paste and the 6x6 Moroccan Tiles Stencil to create my patterned background.

I stamped some flower images onto some white cardstock using my favourite Art By Marlene Flower Stamp - Stamp BM27.  I kept the large flowers uncoloured, but used Dina Wakely Scribble Sticks to colour the smaller ones.

I wanted some pops of colour behind my photos to lift them off the page so I backed them with Simple Stories DIY Boutique - Chevron/Teal and Stripes/Green.

I arranged my photos across my two background pages, being careful to balance them correctly and create a visual triangle.  I then added some more embellishments where needed - a stamped border from the Carabelle Studio "Edges in My Journal" stamp set and some chipboard pieces from the MAMBI Fabulous Value Pack.  I then decided I wanted some more flowers on my layout, so I got some Petaloo Mini Paintables - Roses and sprayed them with some Dylusions Ink in Calypso Teal, Periwinkle Blue and Fresh lime.

Here are some close ups:




Here are the links to the products available in the shop:

Simple Stories Paper in Chevron/Teal and Stripes/Green

Thank you for popping by the blog today, I hope I have inspired you to go ahead and create your double layouts documenting the year that was 2018.

If you want to enter, simply upload your creation into the January Challenge Folder on the Scrap Matirx Shares Page.

Bye for now, and happy creating!




No comments:

Post a Comment