Friday 14 February 2020

Mark making and gel printing: On the good ship lollipop!






Hello,
I had a lot of fun experimenting with this technique, which is called resist printing. In my excitement, I forgot to take a photo of the original picture from the magazine... silly me!!









You can use any sort of book paper or magazine. Some papers don't work as well as others so it is a bit trial and error but the results are worth it.
I started with a thin layer of black acrylic paint on my gel plate. The next step is to press the magazine paper on, gently rub the surface and then pull the paper off. I then let this dry on the gel plate, before adding a thin layer of colour. I chose a couple of Paper Artsy paints in pastel tones. Using a piece of  plain, white paper, I pulled the print straight away. With gelatos and my watercolour brush, I added skin tone shading to  my Shirley Temple










I made my lollipops using Art by Marlene Foamies on a gel printed paper. For this I used paints and stencils. I don't clean the plate between prints which brings patches of other colours through from the last print. Every print you make is unique. 






As I mentioned earlier, I forgot in my excitement to take a photo of the page I had originally used. Below is a sample of another print I made with a different page, which I will have a play with in the coming weeks.



I hope you try this technique... it is so much fun and full of surprises. Looking forward to seeing what you create for this months challenge.... Enjoy.



1 comment:

  1. Did you know there is a 12 word phrase you can tell your crush... that will induce intense emotions of love and impulsive attractiveness to you deep inside his chest?

    That's because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's instinct to love, admire and guard you with all his heart...

    12 Words That Fuel A Man's Love Instinct

    This instinct is so hardwired into a man's genetics that it will drive him to work better than before to make your relationship the best part of both of your lives.

    As a matter of fact, fueling this all-powerful instinct is so important to achieving the best ever relationship with your man that as soon as you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

    ...You will soon find him open his soul and mind for you in a way he's never expressed before and he'll recognize you as the one and only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly understood him.

    ReplyDelete