Tuesday 4 February 2020

Mark Making & Gel Printing : Gel Print Cards










One of my favourite ways to spend an afternoon is experimenting with a gel plate. I usually start with a plan but once I have finished the papers I create,they tell their own story. For this challenge, I wanted to create cards all with the one set, so I chose one of my favourites: Tracy Scott ETS27.

I have used paints for this project, starting with yellow tones as I wanted something for the bee stamp. After I pulled each print, I just added a few more colours, pulled another print until I felt I had enough to play with.

For the bee card, I have used some honeycomb chipboard to make some marks. First I pressed it into the paint randomly and then I painted the cardboard in a contrasting colour and pressed it again onto the gel plate. Before adding the chipboard to the card,  I embossed it with black embossing powder. For an extra layer, I added some Tim Holtz tissue paper.




For my next print, I added a stencil and painted a contrast colour over it . After I pulled this print, I painted a thin layer of red, which gave my the print for the ladybug stamp.






I just loved the blue print, which was perfect for the dragonfly stamp. Stencils are so much fun to experiment with and no two prints are ever the same.



I added some plastic wings to the dragonfly, which I made using Stazon Ink on a sheet of plastic. For this project, I used Dylusions paint in Calypso Teal, Postbox Red & Melted Chocolate.  Paper Artsy Paints: Aqua Duck Egg, Granny Smith, Zesty Zing, Banana, Butternut. Dina Wakley paints: Tangerine and Lemon.



I hope you have as much fun as I did with this challenge and I look forward to seeing your creations.



No comments:

Post a Comment