Thursday 8 August 2019

Daydream by Elisa Ablett


Hi everyone,

How awesome is the latest challenge! 

Mandalas and Zentangling together look amazing and the entries so far into this month's challenge look fantastic so make sure you head over to check all the inspiration out. 

The challenge is pretty easy this month, just create something with both Mandalas and Zentangling and you can use the challenge graphic as inspiration as well.... easy peasy...



So, i was lucky enough to be on a craft retreat with Tanya Froud, my awesome buddy recently and we were bouncing ideas off each other all weekend. 

I decided to use my new Tracy Scott Mandala stamp set along with some fussy cut Art by Marlene Collage paper to create my Mandala background on my Scrapbooking page. 

Add some great Zentangling by Tanya Froud and a few wines and we had ourselves a craft collaboration! 

Tanya is a master tangler and has such a steady hand, so I threw my trusty white Posca Pen at her and she went to town on my layout with her freehand designs. 

Here are some of the products used from Scrap Matrix Store with the direct links below- 


Image 1  


Image 1   Image 1

Let's take a closer look at the finer details!



I decided to keep my stamped Mandala's black and white and let the collage paper shine with colour. I had a cute little chipboard title which I embossed with Gold embossing powder and added splatters of Gold Mica Powder (watered down) onto my page. 



Layer your fussy cut elements under your photo, alternating the black and white stamped images and the fussy cut coloured collage pieces. Use a simple glue stick on collage paper for a smooth finish!


Add some freehand zentangling to match your other pieces, you can see that Tanya has incorporated dots, scallops, hearts, strings of circles and black and white elements to coordinate with my background.

I was so happy with how this turned out, very unique and different and also holds a small piece of my good friend's awesome 'tangling talent' on my page. 

Thanks for stopping by the blog today, make sure you leave some love.

hugs 

Elisa xx






1 comment:

  1. Amazing, stunning, gorgeous... I am loving this layout, absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete