Monday 12 August 2019

Tam returns with more Mandalas and Zentangles!

Hi there lovelies,

Tam back to share a few more creations with you inspired by the very cool 
'Mandalas and Zentangles' Challenge.
I can't seem to stop at just one now, so I go with it!

First up.....
a scrapbook layout




Yep, of course HEAPS of colour!
A giant mandala!




So to start this one I grabbed a few supplies.




I laid the Sweet Posy stencil over my cardstock and marked the edges with a pencil, so I knew where the paint approximately needed to end.




I then began painting in a fan style.




I used Dylusions paints in the following colours:
Fresh Lime
Cherry Pie,
After Midnight
Lemon Zest
Calypso Teal
Crushed Grape




Once dry, I laid down the Sweet Posy stencil, and using Black Paint by Dina Wakley, I rubbed over the stencil using a DRY baby wipe.




and this is what you are left with when you lift the stencil....




I wasn't happy with the way it wasn't centred properly, so I grabbed a Tracy Scott stamp, stamped a Mandala and then cut that out to cover it up.




I then layered around my photo.

I used a few Dies Cuts from Art by Marlene, some whimsy Stickers for the title, another Mandala stamp by Tracy Scott, a sticker from the Pinkfresh Embrace the Ordinary pack, and a MAMBI chip.




I feel that is all that is needed with such a bold background.

I then scribbled with my fudeball pen around the edge of the giant mandala.




Once I stood back and looked at the finished result, I felt that I should have added my paint in circular patterns rather than a fanned look.

It bugged me....
so I went with it and created a very quick art journal page
The whole thing took about 10-15minutes.



This time I used some Dina Paint in:
Lapis
Peacock
Lime 
Lemon




Love those colours together...

So yep this time I just painted circles.




I then grabbed a smaller mandala stencil, and again the Tracy Scott stamps.




To one of the circles, I used the technique above with the baby wipe and black paint.




To the others I stamped some of the mandala stamps, and then added lots of doodles and scribbles.




Finally I added a quote from the Tim Holtz Stickers.

So let's take a look at the challenge.....




I just couldn't go passed that image in the top left corner.....
I just had to have a go....










So let's take a look at this one....

I began again with the Tracy Scott stamps...

I wanted to add them into the hair (like the image)
so I stamped half a one onto my page




I then used a cut out stamp as a mask and stamped again.




I repeated this using some of the smaller stamps in the pack.




I then began to add in hair and the face.




Once sketched, I went in with my fudeball pen and began to doodle.

This part is so relaxing....don't overthink it, just do it.




Look at that glorious sun coming in my scrap room!!
Not great for the photos, but definitely lifts my mood.




Ok done!!

Time to add some colour.
I used the Bold and Bright watercolours by Art by Marlene.




I left a few black and white for contrast.




I then added a sticker from the 'Art by Marlene' Whimsy Sticker pack.







So after all that, that's it from me today!!

I can't wait to see what you clever people come up with for this challenge.
Just load your entry into the 'August' Album over on our Facebook Shares page.

See you next month
xxx


Scrap Matrix Products used:

Tim Holtz Stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment