Sunday 4 August 2019

Scrapbook layout .... by Lynn

Morning everyone, today it is my turn to share the layout I have created as my first project for this months challenge - Mandalas and Zentangles.

I haven't created a scrapbook page in a long time so I thought I would start with a 12x12 page:


The photo is not super clear but it was a snap chap fun photo taken on the spur of the moment one night.  I find these fun photos have more meaning and love  and I am happy to have them in my album.

I begin by stamping art foamies Splat Heart Doily and Doodle Centre onto tissue paper using Dina Wakely paints


Once these were dry I cut/tore around the edges of the images and adhered them to my paper

I have used a heavy weight white cardstock as at this stage I was unsure how much paint I was going to put onto the page - as it turned out I didnt put any !!!!!!


Once the tissue was dry I have taken a Carabelle Stamp - Scribbled leaves and Textured Circles - designed by Birgit Koopsen and stamped randomly in the gaps using Ranger Distress Archival Ink.


I wanted to create some depth behind the photo, so I have coloured the images in the Dylusions Creative Dyary Stickers book with Jane Davenport Water Colours.

I have also added some 7 Dots Cotton Candy tags and words.

To blend everything together I have added some stamps in black ink - I have used a Paper Artsy Stamp ETS10 by Tracy Scott and one mark making stamp that I had given to me by Dee Dee Catron when she came to Australia.

The main title  is from Mambi Stickers.


Here are some close ups:




I hope that you have a go this month and enter the challenge - it is easy - Just add your creation into the 'August - Mandalas and Zentangles' Album over on our Facebook Scrap Matrix Shares page, and let us know in the comments what products you used from the Scrap Matrix store!

A voucher to the store, or even a Guest Design Spot are up for grabs!

Til next time - happy crafting




No comments:

Post a Comment