Friday 23 November 2018

'Blossom and Shine' By Elisa Ablett

Hi Everyone,

Elisa here from the design team with my latest layout based on this month's 
Metals and Petals challenge. 

The Challenge details and album can be found in the Scrap Matrix Shares Group  on Facebook, join today for inspiration and keep up to date with the new products coming into the store!

I utilised the gorgeous papers from the 7Dots Studio Garden Party collection again for this challenge and the gorgeous Berry Jane Davenport Inkcredible Ink.

I also tried my hand at sewing on my layout!!!




Products from Scrap Matrix Store :-



Image result for 7 dots studio garden partyImage result for jane davenport inkredible ink berry

Image 1    


Here are some close ups of the finer details.


Cover your metal butterflies in gesso, then splatter ink over the top and let dry. If you have a sewing machine or like hand sewing, add grungy sewing and threads to your layout by sewing your German Scrap Medallions onto tags and then glue to your layout.


Spritz water into small puddles onto your page and then drop ink into the puddles and let the ink spread causing crystallisation around the edges. 

Let dry and then stamp over the top to create grungy flowers. 

Snip your quotes into smaller pieces to fit with your design!


Use a distress tool to smooth ink through stencils over the whiter areas of your layout. I used a couple of colours from the Distress Oxide Range including Bundled Sage and Black Soot.

That's it from me today, make sure you leave me some love in the comments and I hope to see you soon over on the Scrap Matrix Shares Page!

Elisa xx


No comments:

Post a Comment