Friday 9 November 2018

"Be Yourself" with Metals and Petals

Hi everyone, Monique here with my first share for this month's "Metals and Petals" challenge which is running with Scrap Matrix this month.

This is what I created:

 I decided to use this photo of my gorgeous niece, which I decided would be beautifully offset by the gorgeous 7 Dots Studio Garden Party collection.  The deep purple of the "Annual" paper suited the grungy effect I wanted to create.

I actually used two pieces of the Annual paper.  I tore off about one third of the first paper, and distressed the purple side, running some archival ink along the distressed edge.  I then adhered that to the second Annual paper.  Using the 7 Dots "Garden Party" 6x6 Floral Knot Stencil, I added some Black Modelling Paste to the background.



Next, I added some German Scrap Fleur de Lis #2 Black down the join where the two papers meet., and splashed on some white gesso.

To make my photo mat, I got some  tags from the 12x12 tag sheet, and some black paper for the photo mat from the 7 Dots Studio "Garden Party - Garden Gnomes" and stapled it all together.  Once done, I matted it to my photo with some cardboard to give it some dimension.

I added my photo just over the top of the Floral Knot Stencil, allowing some of the swirls to come out from underneath. I also tucked some muslin in under my photo for extra definition.


Finally, I added some embellishments - Cut our butterflies from the 7 Dots Studio "Garden Party - Born" paper, some Brass Round Medium #1 Flowers, some Brass Square Large #4 flowers and some stickers from the Garden Party 6x12 Word Stickers Sheet.  Voila!!  All done!!

Here is a close up:


Here is a list of products available in the Scrap Matrix Shop:

7 Dots Studio "Garden Party" Papers - Annual, Garden Gnomes and Born.

Thanks so much for popping by the Scrap Matrix blog today.  I hope I have inspired you to enter our "Metals and Petals" challenge this month. Go on - have a go, and once you have finished your creation all you have to do is upload it into the "Metals and Petals" folder on the Scrap Matrix Shares Facebook Page.  



No comments:

Post a Comment