Tuesday 20 November 2018

We're on an adventure - 2nd share with Helen

Welcome back to the Scrap Matrix challenge this month 
where we have a unique mood board to inspire you;
it's all about petals and metals.


I chose to scrap a photo of my Grand daughter, 
who loves the great outdoors.


First up I used clear gesso to seal the background paper,
it's by 7 Dot's Studio, Garden Party and perfect for my photo.


I wanted to use this gorgeous floral stamp by Paper Artsy to frame the photo. I stamped it with Black Archival ink and fussy cut the images, before coloring them with Tim Holtz Distress Oxides. 


Don't be afraid to cut the pieces apart to suit your needs;  it makes the stamps so much more versatile.


 This stencil is wonderfully eclectic, with heaps of different patterns and shapes. Just the thing for adding texture.
It's a fave for me.


  I scraped some texture paste through one corner of it. 


Next I started auditioning various 7 Dots Studio tags and a doily from my stash, to form a nest for my photo.


Adding in a title and some metal flowers.


Fiddling around with placement of the flowers 
and trialling a metal heart.


Hmmm...maybe some chipboard too?  What do you think?

Eventually I'm happy with the placement and add some wax to the chipboard piece to create a metal sheen.


The process of adding bits & bobs, taking them off again, changing the position of pieces, can take ages, as I'm a slow scrapper.


The flicks of yellow Oxide inks add some contrast and 
draw the eye to the texture paste.


The rusted heart seemed the perfect embellishment for the corner.
Voila!  I think it's finished, although I have been known to take it all to pieces in the morning and start again! Luckily there is not enough time to do that for this layout.

I hope you find time to play along this month.  
We'd love to see your take on the challenge.

Just add your entry to the Scrap Matrix Shares Page and don't forget to let us know what Scrap Matrix products you used and what inspired you.  You could be in the running for a $30.00 gift voucher and perhaps a Guest Design Team spot down the track.



Scrap Matrix Products used:-

No comments:

Post a Comment