Saturday 18 August 2018

Beautiful Girls

Hello everyone,  Monique here with my second AALL & Create challenge layout.  This time, as well as doing a bit of stencil work, I also used the really cool Stamp Set #35.

I couldn't resist the cute little parrot in a tutu and just had to use it as an embellishment on my layout. With that in mind, I chose to do a bright, fun layout about my two beautiful nieces.

I started by creating my background.  I decided to break out the gorgeous Prima Watercolour Confections set in  Odysee and use the Amsterdam and Tokyo colours.  I started with the Tokyo hot pink, and brushed it on to my cardstock base, spraying it with water to spread it around, then drying it with my heat tool.  I then applied the Amsterdam purple the same way.



Once both layers were dry  I tore some large hearts from the Dina Wakley collage tissue paper and adhered them onto the background with some Liquitex Acrylic Fluid Matte Medium.  I then stamped some of the small hearts from the AALL & Create Stamp Set #35.


Next, I used an AALL & Create Stencil #16 to pop on some white texture paste.


I then made a photo mat with some 7 Dots Paint Chips Razzleberry Paper and Tags.


 I then adhered my photo to the photo mat and popped it on my layout using some thick card to give it some dimension.


I then added all my embellishments.  First of all, I stamped that cute little parrot stamp from the AALL & Create Stamp Set #35 - using archival ink.  I then used the Prima Watercolour Confections Odyssey set to add some colour.  This time I chose to use the Jamaica colour primarily, and accents of Tokyo and Dubai.
Next, I painted the Blue Fern Studio Eclectic Hearts in Dylusions Crushed Grape, and arranged them as accents around the photo with the parrot, some Paint Chips Die Cut Elements, some Dina Wakley Media Tape and some Mambi Chips, the ones I used aren't there, but there are just sooooooo many to choose from!

Whenever I add embellishments to my layout, I always make sure I arrange them so that they drew attention to my photo.  One way to do this is to create an imaginary triangle with the photo placed within it.

Here are some close ups:




Here are the links to the products I've used that can be found in the Scrap Matrix Shop


Thank you for popping by the blog today, I hope you have been inspired to break out your AALL&Create Stamps and Stencils today.  It isn't too late to enter our fabulous challenge, all you have to do is create something using AALL and Create products, then upload it into the "AALL&Create" folder on the Scrap Matrix Shares Facebook page.  Don't forget to mention the products from the Scrap Matrix shop you've used, and you will be in the running!!  It's that simple.

Until next time scrappy friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment