Sunday 5 August 2018

Silly! Monique's AALL and Create Challenge Layout

Good morning and welcome to the Scrap Matrix Blog!  It's Monique here, sharing my first creation for this month's AALL & Create Challenge.
I loooovvvvee AALL&Create products - the stencils are amazing quality and the textures of the stamps just make me drool, I use them on so many of my projects.  This time I used Stamp Set #35 and Stencil #16.


For this layout I decided to break out my Gel Press Gel Petites and do a bit of Gel Printing.

Here is a mini tutorial about how I did it.  I am a bit annoyed because the pieces I made for the tutorial, after I created the layout, actually turned out better than my layout pieces!  D'oh!
Oh well, goes to show practice makes perfect I guess!

First of all, I gathered my supplies together.  I used Gel Press Gel Petites, Dina Wakley Media Heavy Body Acrylic Paint in Sky and Sedona, AALL&Create Stencil #16, a Brayer, and some deli paper.




1. Squelch some acrylic paint on to your Gel Plate.  I used the Petite Square and Dina Wakley Media Heavy Body Acrylic Paint in Sky and Sedona.  The 10ml bottles are perfect for this project because the tiny applicator tips really help control the amount of paint you are applying to the gel plate.  Be careful not to apply too much as this can make it hard to make interesting pulls.


2.  Roll your Brayer over the gel plate, moving it sideways and up and down until you get good coverage.


3.  Place your stencil over the top of the gel plate, and rub a wet wipe over the top, removing the paint not masked by the stencil.


4.  Gently lift the stencil, revealing the pattern on the gel plate.  I like to clean my stencil before I use it again for the next print.

5.  Gently place a piece of deli player over the gel plate, give the paper a good rub to make sure all paint is covering the paper.  Leave a few minutes, then gently pull the paper back, revealing your print.


6.  Repeat until you have sufficient patterned pieces to complete your project.


Once I had the amount of prints I wanted, I waited for the paint to dry then cut out each piece separately.  I then adhered them to white cardstock using Liquitex Matte Medium.  After it all dried, I added some stamping with the grid stamp from the Northern Lights Clear Stamp Set and the messy grid stamp from the AALL & Create #35 Stamp Set.   Then I backed my photo with some coordinating paper and some hessian and adhered it all to my layout.  Next, I gathered together some chipboard - some KK chipboard and a Blue Fern Studios "Silly" word.  I painted them with gesso then used some more Dina Wakley paint in Sedona to add some colour.  Finally I arranged the stars on my layout to draw attention to my photos, and popped on some MAMBI chips from the "Sweet Memories Value Pack"

Here are some close ups:



Thank you for popping by the blog today folks!  Here is a list of the products I used that can be found in the Scrap Matrix Shop:


Hope this little tutorial has inspired you to break out your Gel Plates and Brayers and to start creating your own Gel Prints.

Don't forget to get out your AALL and Create products and start creating your layouts for this month's challenge.  Remember, when you are finished, upload your entry into the folder on the Scrap Matrix Shares Page.

Bye for now xx









No comments:

Post a Comment