Sunday 22 July 2018

You make me smile .. with Alz

Morning peeps!

I'm baaaaaaack. Okay so this is my third post this month. I know I know lol, but I couldn't help but create another layout with this month's challenge!

You make me smile

A quick reminder of this month's fabulous moodboard challenge Love is sweet ..


I've already created a layout using pink which was inspired by the baby photo, and a layout focusing mostly on green with some neutral elements. This time I was inspired by the yellow, albeit a softer yellow, and the shape of the macaroons. The layout came together super quickly, so I'll keep this super quick. Well, lol, at least I'll try.

I created my background on patterned paper from the Maja Design Coffee in the Arbour collection. Three quick steps and it was done. Literally. Using the masking technique I've shared before, I stamped some circles from a Blue Fern Studios stamp setTexture Circles with a Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink in Antique Linen. I gave that a quick blast with a heat gun before applying Ranger Texture Paste through a TCW Stencil12x12 Tiny Circles. Judging by how grungy my stencil is (oops), I'm going to hazard a guess its my favourite. lol. Once that was dry I flicked around my absolute favourite product of all time, irResistible Spray. I've used the Desert Sand and OMGee it is divine. It looks like toffee and I can't hardly wait to use it on kraft cardstock as I reckon it'll look sensational. Moving on (lol).

Next, I stamped some circles from the Blue Fern Studios stamp setTexture Circles on another sheet of patterned paper from the Maja Design Coffee in the Arbour collection. I used circle punches to cut out two different sizes .. one the original size of the stamp and the other, a smaller size. I inked the edges of both size circles to give them some definition. Oh, and I used the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink, in Antique Linen, for my stamping which, again, I heat set.

I mounted my photograph with some cardboard packaging to raise it off the page and then added my stamped circles and some Petaloo Florals (Mini Paintables - Blossoms Ivory) around the photo as a mat of sorts, and also as embellishments. I added some other small bits and pieces I had sitting on my table gathering dust, and a stick pin I made (my latest obsession). I added the journaling I printed using my favourite font, 1942 report, which I found free online somewhere, and voila, I was done! I told you it was super quick. Here's a couple of close ups ..



Anyways, its time for me to step away from the moodboard (lol) and check out what you guys have been creating. Don't forget you now only have until the end of the month to upload a pic of your project on the Scrap Matrix Facebook page. Also, don't forget to let us know which products you've used from Scrap Matrix.

Til next time!

Cheers .. Alz   :)



Scrap Matrix products used:

No comments:

Post a Comment