Sunday 8 July 2018

'P.S I love you' by Elisa Ablett

Hi everyone,

Elisa here from the design team with my latest layout based on the new challenge for this month,  
a mixed media layout featuring a black background and metallic wax!

Here is our challenge - head to the Scrap Matrix Shares Facebook group to join in the fun and be in the running to win!!



Image may contain: 1 person, text


And here is my layout - using the following products from the Scrap Matrix Store

- 7 Dots Home Grown Collection
- 13 Arts 'XO' stencil
- Black Modelling Paste
- Finnabair Antique Brilliance Wax - Fire Ruby

I took inspiration from the love heart on the challenge graphic and 
thought I would actually scrap a photo of my husband and I which I rarely do...



Here is how I put the layout together!


Here are the products ready to go!



Firstly, i hand cut a very large love heart from a scrap piece of paper and then using the black modelling paste stencilled around the love heart as per the below photo.





Using your love heart as a template, cut a love heart from your patterned paper to match, i used a base grungy piece of paper without much pattern to it as i knew i was going to add a bit more background work. Glue your love heart in place, then using a sponge or your finger, smooth your metallic wax over your stencilling and a little onto your love heart to blend them together.


Using a 'Ray' stencil (mine is The Crafters Workshop) stencil with the wax through the stencil onto your page.


Add some stamping around the edges of the love heart with your Home Grown 7 Dots stamp set from Scrap Matrix.



Using a white gel pen, add a white frame around your page and also around your stencilled area. I also added scribbly writing around the outside of the heart. Then I layered different patterned papers from the Home Grown Collection Kit under my photo and to the left side of my page.


Next I fussy cut some flowers from my patterned paper and hearts as well and added them to my page.


A close up of the title and the wax in the background!

You are finished!


Thank you for stopping by the blog today, make sure you head on over to the shop to have a look at the newly arrived products and all the specials!

Make sure you leave me some love :-) 

Hugs 

Elisa xx



No comments:

Post a Comment