Wednesday 25 July 2018

An extra post for July with Helen

Hello again Scrappy people, I have a new stencil from
Scrap Matrix and couldn't wait to have a play.
The stencil is from The Crafter's Workshop,

I used heavy weight Watercolor paper, because I wanted to create 
a mixed media background on some cards.


I thought the stencil would work well with some 
Tim Holtz Paper Dolls which appear to be from the same Vintage.
Don't they look cool dressed in their best bib and tucker?  They could be off to listen to music at their local Jazz club.

I made a 6"x6" card which I thought would be perfect for an 
engagement or wedding card.

The Chartreuse green reminds me of the colours from that era.


First I smooshed some Tim Holtz Oxides (Peeled Paint, Twisted Citron and Iced Spruce) onto a craft mat before spritzing them with water.


With the watercolor paper slightly damp, I swished it through the inks, until I was happy with the blending.


I placed the stencil on top & scraped Liquitex white gesso through it
after masking off the edges.  Whoops, forgot to photograph that bit!


Before removing the stencil, I sprinkled some Gold embossing powder randomly over the leaves, then set the powder with a heat tool.

I added a title with Tim Holtz words & some Prills 
to "ground" the people.

When I'm making a mess, I always try to make several cards; 
it makes the inky hands and messy desk worthwhile!






For this card, I applied the gesso through the stencil first.
While still wet I added some Mica Fragments & dried them.


Then I sprayed with Dylusions Ink, Polished Jade & Calypso Teal.
The result is a lot looser look, as the gesso softens again.

The angels wings are from Scrap Matrix; I smooshed them with Tim Holtz Oxide, Antique Linen.

I finished the card with a gold border using a die from my stash
and added a Tim Holtz word, which I also smooshed with ink.



Meanwhile back at headquarters, there is still time to play along with the July challenge "How sweet it is"
Here's a reminder of the mood board.

Thanks for your visit, I hope you found something to inspire you.



No comments:

Post a Comment